- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Importing product data from Excel to Hicka Shop
- Wine Promoter
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 10 months ago #30972
by Wine Promoter
Importing product data from Excel to Hicka Shop was created by Wine Promoter
I am trying to find a way to import my data from a 31 day spreadsheet in Excel into Hicka Shop. Trying the import function on the products category isn't doing it. I have read through the help text but still just can't get it to work correctly. This is one line of text.
product, code, qty, qty, price
"April 1, 2012",JA0112,1,1,188
Is there a reason why this is not working. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Wine Promoter
product, code, qty, qty, price
"April 1, 2012",JA0112,1,1,188
Is there a reason why this is not working. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Wine Promoter
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 10 months ago #30987
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Importing product data from Excel to Hicka Shop
You need to adapt the first line to match the names used by HikaShop.
So product should be product_name,code should be product_code,qty should be product_quantity,price should be price_value
And you should not have twice the same column name in a CSV (although I don't think that it will be a problem for HikaShop).
So product should be product_name,code should be product_code,qty should be product_quantity,price should be price_value
And you should not have twice the same column name in a CSV (although I don't think that it will be a problem for HikaShop).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Wine Promoter
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 10 months ago - 14 years 10 months ago #30994
by Wine Promoter
Replied by Wine Promoter on topic Re: Importing product data from Excel to Hicka Shop
Hi Nicolas:
Thanks for the reply. I did read that in the help text I just needed to understand it more clearly. Here is my product:
(Product_Name) April 1 2012
(Product_Code) JA0112
(Product_Quantity) 1
(Price_Value) 188
Here's how it looks on the spreadsheet with four columns:
Product_Name Product_Code Price_Value Product_Quantity
April 1, 2012 AP0112 188 1
April 2, 2012 AP0212 190 1
April 3, 2012 AP0312 192 1
April 4, 2012 AP0412 194 1
It worked using the text import function. You can see here how it looks: wepromoteyourwine.com/buy-your-spot/46-april-2011.html
Thanks a lot for your help. I love Hicka Shop and how we integrated it into our calendar, just need to tweak it some now for 2012.
Jeff
Thanks for the reply. I did read that in the help text I just needed to understand it more clearly. Here is my product:
(Product_Name) April 1 2012
(Product_Code) JA0112
(Product_Quantity) 1
(Price_Value) 188
Here's how it looks on the spreadsheet with four columns:
Product_Name Product_Code Price_Value Product_Quantity
April 1, 2012 AP0112 188 1
April 2, 2012 AP0212 190 1
April 3, 2012 AP0312 192 1
April 4, 2012 AP0412 194 1
It worked using the text import function. You can see here how it looks: wepromoteyourwine.com/buy-your-spot/46-april-2011.html
Thanks a lot for your help. I love Hicka Shop and how we integrated it into our calendar, just need to tweak it some now for 2012.
Jeff
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by Wine Promoter.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds