Skip to main content

Please create or select an address

More
15 years 8 months ago #4387 by tpioh
Hey guys,

I've hit another roadblock and need assistance!

After I add a product to the cart and proceed to the checkout I am asked to register.
I proceed to enter my details and then click register, however, I receive an error:

Asking me to 'Please create or select an address'


Has anyone come across this problem?
Can anyone help?

I have changed my Joomla global settings to allow new registrations and have setup my mail functions, but I still can't pinpoint this problem.

Regards

tpioh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #4389 by nicolas
Could you give the URL of your website ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #4717 by tpioh
Thanks for your quick reply nicolas

I am actually only installed on the localhost but I'm planning to upload it soon.
I think i figured it out. I didn't have my shipping setup for the default values I had for my country and state fields!

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #100767 by wm.thomas09
How do you fix this problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #100934 by Xavier
Hi,

Do you have exactly the same problem ? Can you describe it in details ?

Thanks to give us a link to your website.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #113289 by k3Gary
I'm getting the same message ("Please create or select an address") in the website I'm working on: www2.projectstc.org/resources/bookstore

When I click "new" to create an address, the screen refreshes, but there are no fields where I can create a new address.

Do you know what I can do to resolve this?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #113351 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,

1. We can't order any product on your website, so I can't really test it.

2. Are you using the last version of Hikashop ? Can you download the last Hikashop Package and then re Install it ?

Thanks :).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #113441 by k3Gary
I created a login so you can try to order. The name is "guest" and the password is "guest".

I installed the latest version yesterday before posting the question. I should have mentioned that, so thanks for asking.

If you can help me know how to get it add an address, I'll really appreciate it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #113486 by k3Gary
When I was making changes in the configuration, I saw the message: "You cannot have the Address view without the Login view on your checkout workflow."

Does this mean we can't have users put in their address information during checkout unless they are required to login?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #113526 by Xavier
Hi,

Indeed you have to add the step "Login" in your checkout when using the "address" one.
But it don't require them to login, you can disable the option "Login" in the Login & Registration part of the checkout tab.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #135559 by neatgadgets
www.revivemyfitness.com.au/cms2/index.ph...ut=listing&Itemid=42

I tried this but it asks for address with no input boxes. Can you take a look?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #135717 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,
The registration seems to be closed, so I can't really test it :).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #135729 by neatgadgets
Not sure what you mean. I turned login off So it really should ask for registration.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #135738 by Mohamed Thelji
I'm facing a "registration not allowed" message when trying to checkout.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #135806 by neatgadgets
"Indeed you have to add the step "Login" in your checkout when using the "address" one.
But it don't require them to login, you can disable the option "Login" in the Login & Registration part of the checkout tab."

I thought you don't need the registration? Does that mean you cannot use the non-commercial version because in the configuration section it says Registration: "Only in commercial versions of HikaShop"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #135892 by Mohamed Thelji
If you want to enable your customer to checkout without registering, you'll just have to
- Go to "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout"
- Set the "Display method for registration" option to All in one page
- Set the "Registration" option to Guest

Note that the Registration / Display method for registration options are only available through an Hikashop commercial version, so YES you'll have to use a commercial version to do that :).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #135941 by neatgadgets
Ok so how do you get the shop to work in the non commercial version?
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by neatgadgets.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #136119 by Jerome
Hi,

The guest checkout is a feature of HikaShop business.

If you want the shop to work with HikaShop starter, you have to activate the registration in joomla.
Otherwise, you can remove the "login" step in your checkout workflow. And if you remove the login, you have to remove the address too.

The address system require a user id to work so if you don't have the "login", you can't be sure that the customer is logged.
That's why you can't have the address without the login.

The guest checkout in HikaShop allow this "login" step to not be linked with Joomla users but with virtual users (without password) that HikaShop will managed.
At this moment, HikaShop will have a virtual user id so it can handle the address to work properly.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #232082 by t.radlak
Hi

This is very strange bug - propably related to the way HikaShop is handling memory because I did multiple tests with multiple users I sometimes it was working.
The solution was to publish menu for checkout. Before I unpublished it because it was not visible and I though it is not needed.
Checkout menu always needs to be published because witout it also modules from front end will appear on checkout page.

Cheers
T
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by t.radlak.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #322341 by mwangistoh
I am still getting this error in my link brookgroceries.co.ke/index.php/groceries , can anyone help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.400 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum