- Posts: 190
- Thank you received: 0
Paypal payment redirection
- codewarrior
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #43680
by codewarrior
Paypal payment redirection was created by codewarrior
Hi,
my question is related to the Paypal redirection screen with the spinner.gif (before Paypal)
I have a black template (YOOtheme) and the spinner is not nice, because like for Joomla ones, they are designed to be on a white background.
2 questions :
1) where is the called code for this screen ?
I changed plg_hikashoppayment_paypal/paypal_end.php with no success !
2) Probably due to my template, no animated gifs are animating.
- could you modify the spinner reference in PHP like :
document.getElementById('spinner').style.display = '';
document.getElementById('spinner').innerHTML = document.getElementById('spinner').innerHTML;
- or put the spinner picture in a CSS :
.hikashop_paypal_end_spinner {
background: url(spinner.gif) no-repeat;
padding-left: 20px;
}
PS : CSS way is working fine !
Thanks a lot.
Regards
my question is related to the Paypal redirection screen with the spinner.gif (before Paypal)
I have a black template (YOOtheme) and the spinner is not nice, because like for Joomla ones, they are designed to be on a white background.
2 questions :
1) where is the called code for this screen ?
I changed plg_hikashoppayment_paypal/paypal_end.php with no success !
2) Probably due to my template, no animated gifs are animating.
- could you modify the spinner reference in PHP like :
document.getElementById('spinner').style.display = '';
document.getElementById('spinner').innerHTML = document.getElementById('spinner').innerHTML;
- or put the spinner picture in a CSS :
.hikashop_paypal_end_spinner {
background: url(spinner.gif) no-repeat;
padding-left: 20px;
}
PS : CSS way is working fine !
Thanks a lot.
Regards
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by codewarrior.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #43802
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Paypal payment redirection
Hi,
It's the file plugins/hikashoppayment/paypal_end.php that you should modify.
Alternatively, you could simply replace the image in the folder media/com_hikashop/images to another one.
Or simply remove the spinner with CSS:
.hikashop_paypal_end_spinner { display:none; }
It's the file plugins/hikashoppayment/paypal_end.php that you should modify.
Alternatively, you could simply replace the image in the folder media/com_hikashop/images to another one.
Or simply remove the spinner with CSS:
.hikashop_paypal_end_spinner { display:none; }
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- codewarrior
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 190
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 6 months ago #43812
by codewarrior
Replied by codewarrior on topic Re: Paypal payment redirection
Hi Nicolas,
I'll try with this file.
I tried to overwrite the spinner file, but the problem is that correct animated files are not animating in my template.
With the CSS trick, it works, but I have to remove the PHP code to avoid 2 spinners.
Could it be an option in the plugin ?
--> remove the spinner, allowing CSS templating
I'll try with this file.
I tried to overwrite the spinner file, but the problem is that correct animated files are not animating in my template.
With the CSS trick, it works, but I have to remove the PHP code to avoid 2 spinners.
Could it be an option in the plugin ?
--> remove the spinner, allowing CSS templating
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #43985
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Paypal payment redirection
We'll look at that for next version.
The following user(s) said Thank You: codewarrior
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- codewarrior
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 190
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 6 months ago #44078
by codewarrior
Replied by codewarrior on topic Re: Paypal payment redirection
Thanks for this great product
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- codewarrior
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 190
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #44675
by codewarrior
Replied by codewarrior on topic Re: Paypal payment redirection
Well I finally had to remove the spinner in the PHP code because :
- it should be in a hidden page element. Thus it's not animating !
- if I use CSS to hide it, the rest of my page is not displaying (site footer) :woohoo:
If you have an idea ?
Thanks Nicolas
- it should be in a hidden page element. Thus it's not animating !
- if I use CSS to hide it, the rest of my page is not displaying (site footer) :woohoo:
If you have an idea ?
Thanks Nicolas
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by codewarrior.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #44804
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Paypal payment redirection
Removing it in the php is not a problem actually. You can actually do an override of that file by copying it in the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/hikashoppayment/
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- codewarrior
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 190
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 4 months ago #48762
by codewarrior
Replied by codewarrior on topic Re: Paypal payment redirection
Nicolas,
I heared that animated Gifs are not rendered when redirections are started.
One side effect with my YOO template is that my page stops to rendered in browsers (IE9, Firefox). The display stops after your code, and I don't see my page modules and footer !
1) If I refresh the page, I see the footer,
2) If I Show Source in the browser, the footer IS HERE,
3) If I Inspect the page with Firefox Firebug, the code stops after Hikashop and there's no footer.
A very skilled developper told me that most browser stops rendering when there's a redirection (Paypal).
Could it be possible to differ of one or two seconds, the Paypal Redirection to finish page render ???
Regards.
I heared that animated Gifs are not rendered when redirections are started.
One side effect with my YOO template is that my page stops to rendered in browsers (IE9, Firefox). The display stops after your code, and I don't see my page modules and footer !
1) If I refresh the page, I see the footer,
2) If I Show Source in the browser, the footer IS HERE,
3) If I Inspect the page with Firefox Firebug, the code stops after Hikashop and there's no footer.
A very skilled developper told me that most browser stops rendering when there's a redirection (Paypal).
Could it be possible to differ of one or two seconds, the Paypal Redirection to finish page render ???
Regards.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #48798
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Paypal payment redirection
We had to change the code so that it starts the redirect immediately instead of waiting for the page to load as sometimes, other javascript errors on the website would prevent the redirect to be executed.
Doing like we do now allows to avoid that.
You can always revert back to the old method by doing the opposite modification:
www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/29872-pa...-redirect.html#29935
Doing like we do now allows to avoid that.
You can always revert back to the old method by doing the opposite modification:
www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/29872-pa...-redirect.html#29935
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds