- Posts: 30
- Thank you received: 0
Variants not described when editing order
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #53481
by IP3
Variants not described when editing order was created by IP3
Hikashop,
When editing and order and adding a product with variants and selecting 'all' the Variants are listed by their code, but without the description. When added to the order the description does not print.
Joomla 1.5 Hikashop 1.5.7
Thanks,
Paul
When editing and order and adding a product with variants and selecting 'all' the Variants are listed by their code, but without the description. When added to the order the description does not print.
Joomla 1.5 Hikashop 1.5.7
Thanks,
Paul
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by IP3. Reason: oops 1.5.7 not 1.5.8
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #53548
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Variants not described when editing order
In your variants, the name of the variant is empty. So the text of the product is empty too in the order.
When you add the variant from the front end, the main product name and the characteristics values are taken automatically. But that's not the case when you do it from the back end.
We'll add that to the todo list.
When you add the variant from the front end, the main product name and the characteristics values are taken automatically. But that's not the case when you do it from the back end.
We'll add that to the todo list.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #53921
by IP3
Replied by IP3 on topic Re: Variants not described when editing order
Nicolas,
Thank you for explaining that.
Another 'feature' I would like to request is the ability to publish and unpublish Characteristics/Variants.
The problem I have is that we list classes as a product. The same class (product) is offered in various cities and dates (characteristic). The option to choose which city and date as a variant is great.
The problem comes in when a city and date (variant) roll past on the calendar. I no longer want that variant to show in the option list, but I still want the past sales to record the correct city and date.
The only option I see at this point is to create false products indicating the old variant, and delete the Characteristic.
If I could simply unpublish the characteristic so that it no longer appeared as a variant on the product, yet was retained on the order history, I would be delighted
.
How feasible is that?
Thanks again,
Paul
Thank you for explaining that.
Another 'feature' I would like to request is the ability to publish and unpublish Characteristics/Variants.
The problem I have is that we list classes as a product. The same class (product) is offered in various cities and dates (characteristic). The option to choose which city and date as a variant is great.
The problem comes in when a city and date (variant) roll past on the calendar. I no longer want that variant to show in the option list, but I still want the past sales to record the correct city and date.
The only option I see at this point is to create false products indicating the old variant, and delete the Characteristic.
If I could simply unpublish the characteristic so that it no longer appeared as a variant on the product, yet was retained on the order history, I would be delighted
How feasible is that?
Thanks again,
Paul
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 months ago #53997
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Variants not described when editing order
Everything is feasible....as long as you code it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds