- Posts: 31
- Thank you received: 1
Had to abandon GoDaddy - messing up Joomla/Hikasho
I have since found a new hosting company and I must say that all components are playing well with each other.
I wanted to share that if you find yourself pulling out your hair and you host with GoDaddy, try a fresh install elsewhere and if you find the components playing well together on that other site, then it's just GoDaddy.
I am looking forward to getting off the paid eCommerce temp solution and back to our own custom eCommerce site.
Just saying...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- PolishedGeek
-
- Offline
- Official HikaShop Development Partner
It's bad enough that if a custom dev client is on GoDaddy, we charge a surcharge to deal with it. Other hosting platforms that are unfriendly for developers are 1&1 and Network Solutions. Work we do via their interfaces and under their account limitations often take our staff twice as long as "normal" hosting accounts. Give our guys the normal full features of a cPanel or Plesk account on decent hosting, and they're off and running with it. Tell them the client is on GoDaddy, 1&1 or Network Solutions, and the same professionals cringe.
Glad to hear all is working well.
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
PolishedGeek wrote: I have to say, it's not just HikaShop... Joomla in general doesn't perform as well on GoDaddy. The speed is more often than not pretty awful, plus we've seen multiple Joomla extensions have trouble on their hosting.
It's bad enough that if a custom dev client is on GoDaddy, we charge a surcharge to deal with it. Other hosting platforms that are unfriendly for developers are 1&1 and Network Solutions. Work we do via their interfaces and under their account limitations often take our staff twice as long as "normal" hosting accounts. Give our guys the normal full features of a cPanel or Plesk account on decent hosting, and they're off and running with it. Tell them the client is on GoDaddy, 1&1 or Network Solutions, and the same professionals cringe.
Glad to hear all is working well.
I concur that GoDaddy hosting was/is horrid for response. I moved few years ago to another hosting environment and have been pleased.
Kurt
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.