- Posts: 261
- Thank you received: 5
read more and description link at csv import
When I add products via the GUI of hikashop this does not happen.
I am sure this must be some config setting. It's just that I can't find how to change this.
How can I turn of the 'readmore' and 'description' links in the productdescription when I use CSV import?
TIA
Sjaak
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We do not add any "readmore" during the import CSV.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Mmmh, strange. Then, How did it get there?
Here's an example of a product: www.artlantismedia.com/index.php?option=...&name=false-acacia-3
Sjaak
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I don't know what there is in your CSV file, but the HikaShop CSV import take the raw data given in the CSV file to put it into the database.
There is no addition or modification of the data from the CSV file.
Only the VirtueMart import add some specific data while importing the VirtueMart data from the database. But it is not the CSV import and there is no link between them.
Best regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I sent you a PM.
Sjaak
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
When I look at your CSV and at your product page, I see another problem that this "read more". I see some text which is not in your CSV.
"Robinia pseudoacacia, commonly know..."
As you can imagine, it can't be a text which will be added by HikaShop itself. Just impossible.
So, I think that the problem is not here.
It is possible that the products are not right update by the CSV.
Your product codes in the CSV contains space. Are there spaces in their product codes ?
Could you try to update the products using the product_id ?
What is the result message after the import ?
Do you have some translation extension (like Joomfish or Falang) ?
What is the product description in the backend ?
If you remove the product description from the backend and make an import, does the description updated ? With the right/wrong content ?
Best regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You are right; the text that you see in the productdescription starting with 'Robinia.....etc" was added later. The read more and description links where already created before at import.
The productID indeed contains spaces. Can't they have spaces? It was a mistake. When I create new products I will create productID without spaces. ALthough I can also leave out the column for ProductID. ProductIDs the will be automatically created using the product name, right? what do you advise?
I did a test. I removed the whole description of this product in the backend. After saving the frontend showed no product description but the readmore link and description link where still there. wonder wonder. Probably you are right and it was not in the csv product import. But what can it be then?
I removed the product.
Next thing I did was creating a csv with one product. In this csv I removed the productID column. After import a new product was created. The productID was created automatically (the productname. Spaces filled with underscores). The links where still present. 3 lines of text, the two links, the description text starting over again with the full text.
The result message after import was : 1 products found : 1 new products imported, 0 invalid product code, 0 already existing products
I do not use a translation extension.
This is the newly created product: www.artlantismedia.com/index.php?option=...&category_pathway=77
What can I do next?
Sjaak
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The product_id column cannot have any space as it is an integer in the database. The product_code can potentially have spaces but I don't recommend it. You can indeed leave the product_code column empty and it will be filled based on the product_code.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So it is a setting in the configuration.
Sorry for being a bit stupid here but ...
I go to hikashop configuration and click the display tab.
What am I overlooking? What do I need to do to set this tabular layout?
Screenshot attached
Sjaak
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So, Is the import problem solved ?
The layout is another subject, you have to select the "layout". This option can be set in the configuration, in the menus and in the modules.
For the moment, you are using the "tabbular" layout. You have to use the "default" one.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
On the other hand, we also say it is not solved. Why?
I am searching for 2 days now how to get this setting right but I still can't find how.
It is a display setting thing in the configuration.......in my previous post I showed a screenshot. Please take me by the hand what button I need to hit to get this right.
You say it is an option in the menus and in the modules....?????? Abracadabra to me Where do I find these settings. I can't find it in the documentation either.
Hikashop is great. I already worked with 2 other shopbuilding apps. Hikashop beats them but in things like this you guys need to be more clear for new users. I really do not want to spent days to find just one button.
Sjaak
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You should set it to "default".
You will have the same option in each category and product edition page and in should be set to "inherit" in all of them.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
But I'm not ready yet. Now I'm trying to figure out what you mean by Category edition page and Product edition page. This I can't find either.
Right now I am ending up with 500 errors and I screw up my menus.
I am getting complete @#$%^&* here.
I don't know what to do anymore.
www.artlantismedia.com/index.php?option=...=listing&Itemid=1968
Sjaak
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I am not sure of what you did.
Please send me a backend access to your website by private message, I will configure the layouts for your listing.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
PM sent.
Sjaak
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks for the account sent by PM but the account does not have right to access to the backend.
Best regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks, now the account works.
Problem was that, you had a in your main configuration the layout "inherit" configured.
This value is not accepted by the system because it can't inherit from a higher configuration. This value should be not "selectable", we will fix it.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The broken menus have been repaired.
The products I added via CSV however still show the readmore and description links in the productdescriptions. That has not been changed then?
Sjaak
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can configure the product layout in the main configuration of HikaShop but you can override this value, per category and per product.
The fact is, your category 77 (Plants) use the specific "tabular" layout. And, because your trees are in this category too, it uses this configuration value instead of the main configuration one.
That's why you had this layout.
I changed the category to the default "inherit" value and now, the product page is right displayed.
Best regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.