Suspended by Google Merchant Centre

• Thank you received: 13272
1 month 2 weeks ago #362472

Hi,

If the MPN is in the product_code, and you want to provide GTIN in another field, I would recommend that you create a custom field of the table "product" via the menu Display>Custom fields.
That way, in the settings of the plugin, you can just enter the column name of this custom field in the "GTIN" setting.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 15
  • Hikashop Business
1 month 2 weeks ago #362473

Hi,
at the moment we upload changes weekly using 2 csv files;
new_products.csv
all_product_prices.csv

Currently the product_code field, which contains barcodes, is the field that doesn't change. And, I believe that this is how hika knows how to update other product values in existing products (using it as a reference field).
We have the manufacturer data, which we don't currently upload, in our spreadsheets as the 'product_vendor_id' field. We didn't use this because it can change and isn't available for a lot of products. However, we can insert data from elsewhere to fill the gaps so that the google_products plugin has something to reference.
The main question is; How should we include this field (i.e. product_vendor_id) in our upload to get that data into hika without messing up our other data? Should we include it as the last field in our csv? I know how to create a custom field, so that isn't a problem once the data is in there.

I hope this is clear enough. Let me know.
Ian and Stu

1 month 2 weeks ago #362475

Hi,

If you already have the data in the "product_vendor_id" of your CSV, then you already have it in HikaShop since product_vendor_id is a default column of the hikashop_product table of HikaShop.
And if you want to use the data in that column for your XML, then you can just enter "product_vendor_id" in the field where you want it to be used. If that data is the GTIN, then you can add "product_vendor_id" in the GTIN field of the plugin.

• Hikashop Business
1 month 2 weeks ago #362481

Hi,
Luckily we didn't strip product_vendor_id out of our upload. So it's good to go. We did want to know about adding extra/new fields (e.g. supplier info) that google might require. Is it best to added them as the last columns in the csv or doesn't it matter? We've always kept the same order so it's worth asking the question.
Thanks again,
Ian and Stu

1 month 1 week ago #362485

Hi,

The order of the columns in the CSV doesn't matter.

The following user(s) said Thank You: smithshop123

• Hikashop Business
1 month 1 week ago #362488

Apologies for continuing the thread but we may have found a bug in hika which is carrying over to the google products plugin.

After uploading the google product plugin's xml output to google, it worked but reported some mismatched domains. We've pm'd some examples and you still have back end access. This can also be seen in the same products' canonical URLs. We select 'Use canonical URL and generate if missing' and we also clear out that field after each csv upload.
Both that field and the google product plugin xml have a ' mail.domain.com ' domain along with a domain that I can't see specified anywhere in our hika configuration.

I t would be great if you could help us figure this out.

King regards,
Ian and Stu

1 month 1 week ago #362490

Hi,

HikaShop won't add a domain name it doesn't know of. So either you configured a mass action to add it, or you have a custom plugin which adds it, or the domain name was added with the product data from the start.
If the canonical URL of your products have a domain name, I think this means that this domain name is already in the value under the product_canonical column of the CSV you're importing to HikaShop.
So, I would start by checking the new_products.csv and all_product_prices.csv files.

• Hikashop Business
1 month 1 week ago #362492

Thanks for the reply.
It's not coming from any .csv uploads. We expanded the number of records to have their canonicals cleared from 8000 to 11000 via a mass action. The issue didn't reoccur in the google products xml file after that.
However, since we normally purge all canonicals regularly, and this still happened in the past, we'll go through the many plugins to see if one of them is inserting the incorrect domain.

Regards,
Ian & Stu

• Hikashop Business
1 month 1 week ago #362496

Hi,
We've noticed another issue with the google products plugin and the xml output. Some products that end in $xx.99 are not limited to 2 decimal place. For example, a product that we have definitely checked as only being $79.99 is displayed in the xml as '79.98999999999999'.

We've checked the csv uploads and the backend value and it is $79.99 and we're not sure how to fix this or how it will impact google's approval process. They reject over half or our products. Half of those because they don't yet have picture but about half again should be allowed.

Let us know if you'd like a new thread to be created for this.

Ian & Stu

1 month 1 week ago #362497

Hi,

It must be a floating point number issue during the calculations with PHP.
However, even if a price has more that 2 decimals in the XML, Google will round it automatically, as per :
support.google.com/merchants/answer/6324471?hl=en
So either way, it will work the same.

The following user(s) said Thank You: smithshop123

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds