Skip to main content

How to show the related categories for a product

More
13 years 5 months ago #99476 by magickarle
Greetings.
I am trying to find a way to show the related categories of a product.
IE: I am in the products page. I see the price, the product link, the number of items in stock, the add button and wishlist button.
Somewhere there, is there a way to have the related categories?

The purpose would be to help the end users to find their product by looking at the categories.
Let say I have 100 pictures of t-shirt. Each of them are taged under summer, winter, man, woman and sizes. I would like for them to go to product (or brands) and see on one page all product with their categories.
Not sure if there is a way to do this?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #99608 by Jerome
Hi,

You can override the product page view in order to add your PHP/HTML code.
In the view you can access to the product categories with:
Code:
$this->categories
It is an array of category objects.

This modification requires some PHP skills to be implemented but you would be able to display what you want.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum