Importing into categories
product_code,product_description,price_value,parent_category,product_type,product_width,images,options,categories
ASU-W-60601,salad bowl (SHALLOW),8.95,Simplicity - Surf,Dinnerware,14 cm/5.5 in,,White,2
ASU-W-60602,salad bowl ,11.95,Simplicity - Surf,Dinnerware,17 cm/6.7 in,,White,2
ASU-W-60603,salad bowl ,13.95,Simplicity - Surf,Dinnerware,20 cm/7.9 in,,White,2
But the products do not get imported into their parent categories. They are all imported into the default Product Category.
The import does create the 4 product categories, but none of them contain any products.
Please could you let me know what I am doing wrong.
Thanks
Jim
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The column product_type can only contain "main" or "variant". You should not set it yourself. The product_width column cannot contain several widths. You can put the width in cm or in inches but not both in the same. Plus, you should use the product_dimension_unit to set the unit you want to use and not have it directly in that field. The column options should contain the product_code of another product (maybe that's the case?). The categories column is where you should put the category of the product. The product_category column enables you to set the parent category of that category. IF you don't have several levels of categories, you should not need it.
Many thanks, Nicolas. I can see I have much learning ahead of me. But This is very helpful. I was going to use the options field for colour, because I could not find colour as an allowable field.
jim
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Then, you will have the characteristic available as a new column of your CSVs.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.