- Posts: 8
- Thank you received: 0
new payment method
I need to use a new payment method for my shop, which is not supported in Hikashop yet.
As I understand I would have to create a Joomla plugin of type ´hikashoppayment´.
I have among others the Paypal payment method files (php and xml) as examples.
The payment method I want to implement is a Dutch method called 'iDEAL'. This is a name, and a protocol, which is used by all Dutch banks.
With this method the user has to select payment method 'iDEAL', but after that also has to select a bank.
This bank selection should be part of the checkout process.
But it seems that there is no way in the checkout process, or as part of the payment method selection, to ask the user for another choice.
Is that correct?
Or would it work to let onPaymentDisplay echo a select box?
Thanks!
Ivar
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That's indeed not possible currently. However, we could easily add a few lines of code to handle custom html for payment methods:
If you look at the file components/com_hikashop/views/checkout/tmpl/payment.php near the end, we have the possibility for the payment method to ask for the credit card information by just adding the code
$method->ask_cc = true;
in the onPaymentDisplay method.
In the same manner, we could change that code like this:
if(!empty($method->ask_cc)){
// credit card HTML fields
}elseif(!empty($method->custom_html)){
echo $method->custom_html;
}
Then, in the payment plugins, you could add to the function onPaymentDisplay the code:
$method->custom_html = 'my custom html';
and in the onPaymentSave method, get the information entered by the user from the post.
On the payment view of the checkout, we have implemented a nice sliding effect to display the credit card field when the payment is selected and hide it when another payment method is selected, and it would also work with the custom html display.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'll try your suggestion and let you know.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In the payment step the custom_html shows a select box. It's in the form which is posted to the next step anyway.
But the next step is confirm_cart_status_coupon_fields in my case,
and I think the actual call to onAfterOrderConfirm is being done in the 'end' step (I think).
How do I carry the value of the selected option in the payment step from the confirm step to the end step? Should I store it in $order somehow?
Thanks!
Ivar
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The $order is given as first parameter of the onAfterOrderConfirm function. You don't have to store it:
function onAfterOrderConfirm(&$order,&$methods,$method_id){
$method =& $methods[$method_id];
}
However, you're right. Once you retrieve your data from the custom html in the onPaymentSave function you should save it in the session in order to be able to retrieve it later in the onAfterOrderConfirm function.
You can do so like this (suppose that you have your data in a $data variable):
$app =& JFactory::getApplication();
$app->setUserState(HIKASHOP_COMPONENT.'.my_custom_data',$data);
Then, you can get it back like this:
$app =& JFactory::getApplication();
$data = $app->getUserState(HIKASHOP_COMPONENT.'.my_custom_data');
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have been in touch with the people at www.ideal-checkout.nl
They do these kind of integrations but are not available in the next few weeks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
We would like to develop a plugin for the Dutch payment method iDEAL for Hikashop. This can easily be done by creating a plugin that communicates with our extensions cciDEAL Platform:
www.chillcreations.com/joomla-extensions...omla-extensions.html
Can we get in touch about this? I will send you an e-mail.
Kind regards
David
iDEAL for Hikashop by Dutch iDEAL experts
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I replied to your email.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I am really curious about the status since the last posts by Chill Creations and nicolas two weeks ago.
The availability of the ideal plugin on the short term will be really good!
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
Hi,
I am really curious about the status since the last posts by Chill Creations and nicolas two weeks ago.
The availability of the ideal plugin on the short term will be really good!
Thanks
I want to know too ^^ i like hikashop more then virtuemart so the Ideal feature would be so awesome!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
Nicolas: I replied to your e-mail
All others: if you are interested in this plugin, please contact me directly on daviddeboer AT chillcreations DOT com. I am making a list of interested users. If there are enough we will speed up develop/give it more priority compared to other extensions. Adding HikaShop is now planned for cciDEAL Platform 1.2.0 (and we are finishing 1.1.0 now).
The video's here give an idea of how it will look, but we have already done layout improvements, so it will look a lot better:
www.chillcreations.com/joomla-extensions...omla-extensions.html
Kind regards
David
iDEAL for Hikashop by Dutch iDEAL experts
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm interested in the extention.
--- in Dutch ---
Wanneer is de Ideal extentie beschikbaar voor Hika Shop? Ik zou deze graag kopen en ben benieuwd hoe het systeem werkt.
--- in Dutch ---
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You might want to contact Chill Creations directly on their website: www.chillcreations.com/component/billets/tickets/new.html
@David: Any broad idea on when the 1.1 and 1.2 versions will be out ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
We should have a beta in a few weeks! Just doing some finishing work and then we implement Hikashop. Should not be to hard
Kind regards
David
iDEAL for Hikashop by Dutch iDEAL experts
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm sure you'll find plenty of beta testers
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
well, iDEAL is integrated!
Sorry it took so long, one of my developers got sick and hospitalized, so I eventually assigned another one and now its finally finished. I'll update the product page and add a demo video soon.
www.chillcreations.com/joomla-extensions...omla-extensions.html
It's a release candidate, and downloadable via our website if you are a cciDEAL Platform customer. If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask:
www.chillcreations.com/component/billets/tickets/new.html
I'll update you when the demo video is online!
Regards
David
iDEAL for Hikashop by Dutch iDEAL experts
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.