Skip to main content

Product: maximum quantity per order

More
15 years 2 weeks ago - 15 years 2 weeks ago #25709 by sepyh
Hi.

I am trying to limit the quantity order of a product. I set this to 5.

I am still able to add to cart another 5 of a different characteristic, even though it's the same product? Doesn't this limit include characteristics?

Thanks
Last edit: 15 years 2 weeks ago by sepyh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #25710 by nicolas
Hi,

If you have characteristics for a product that limit parameter is indeed done for each possible variant of the product and not for all the variants as a whole.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #25711 by sepyh
Ok thanks. Is there an easy way to change that in the code?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #25712 by nicolas
No. You would need to change the way the quantities of the products in the cart are checked in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/cart.php but the function for that is already several hundred lines long as it already needs to handle a lot of things.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #25713 by sepyh
right ok, thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #135464 by keithstanley
I am still really pleased with Hikashop although I have gotten confused again :S

I am trying to set up our shop where every one of our products will have a min number of items to order with a price break depending on how many are ordered i.e.

Executive pen
50 - 150 - £1.90 - each minimum order of 50
151 - 250 - £1.70 - each minimum order of 151
251+ - £1.64 - each minimum order of 251

All of our products will be sold in this manner.

I have looked and I am not sure if I should be doing this using Characteristics & Variants or what?

Which tutorial or document should I be looking at please?

Still loving Hilkashop :cheer: and I wish I had chosen it BEFORE I spent almost 2 WEEKS looking at other solutions which ultimately were a waste of my time.

Thanks Nicolas :cheer:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #135479 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,
If you want to do this :

50 - 150 - £1.90 - each minimum order of 50
151 - 250 - £1.70 - each minimum order of 151
251+ - £1.64 - each minimum order of 251

You'll just have to do it through the "price" tab of your product configuration page by adding new price regarding the "Minimum quantity".
The following user(s) said Thank You: keithstanley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #135480 by keithstanley
Thanks for the Reply Mohamed; :)

I will take a look.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #135486 by keithstanley
Hello Again Mohamed,
I have attached 3 images to show you what is happening now.
I believe that i have done what you suggested and can be seen in image 1.png and image 2.png. :cheer:
However looking at image 3.png the customer can still order 1 item and worst of all it shows the price as FREE. :ohmy: :(
Have I done something wrong or forgotten to do something? :(
Based on what I think I now need is there a way to force the customer to enter only the minimum number?
Or to make the shop only accept the minimum number or to give an error message to the customer if they do not order enough?
I am not too strong on writing my own code so hopefully I can do this by selecting an option which I have not yet selected, I hope.

Again thanks for your help :cheer:
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by keithstanley.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #135703 by Xavier
Hi,

This request will require some custom code.
Actually the limit ca only limit the maximum of products in the cart, not the minimum.
The prices set as Mohamed said are only to have different prices depending on the quantity but it didn't restrict to a minimum of product to order.

In your case I think that the best way will be to use a plugin based on the function: onBeforeCartUpdate(&$cartClass,&$cart,$product_id,$quantity,$add,$type,$resetCartWhenUpdate,$force,&$do)

Then in this function, check the quantity of the added product, if it's less than desired, set the $do variable to false in order to not update the cart, and display a joomla system message.

Here is the link to the documentation:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...umentation.html#cart

It require some PHP skills
The following user(s) said Thank You: keithstanley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #135722 by keithstanley
Thanks Xavier,
Am I understanding you correctly; are you saying that I will need to write my own custom coded plugin to handle this situation?

Are there any plugins that I could modify to help me get this started/done or do I need to start from scratch?

Thanks,

Keith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #135740 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,
1. Yes
2. No, but the best solution will be to read the documentation and follow the instructions that xavier gave you :

In your case I think that the best way will be to use a plugin based on the function: onBeforeCartUpdate(&$cartClass,&$cart,$product_id,$quantity,$add,$type,$resetCartWhenUpdate,$force,&$do)

Then in this function, check the quantity of the added product, if it's less than desired, set the $do variable to false in order to not update the cart, and display a joomla system message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: keithstanley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #162373 by keithstanley
This problem is way beyound my skill level!! :(

I thought I had read somewhere that it was possible to pay someone on the forum to help with specific coding problems; is this true?

I have been looking through the Forum and I can not see the area I should be looking in.

Is it possible to pay someone to write the code I need and if so where should I be posting a request / looking.

Many thanks,

Keith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #162384 by Xavier
Hi,

Here is the forum category where you can post a commercial job:
hikashop.com/forum/9-commercial-jobs.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.353 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum