- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
products variants quantities
I have just read all 32 pages and cannot find an answer to my situation.
I have a cake shop, selling cakes with toppings.
The cakes can be bought individually or in multiple quantities.
The toppings can be bought individually too.
Can HikaShop do the following?
Present the user with the product @ £5 with toppings variants @ £1 with a quantity box so that the user can select how many of each topping variant they want to have and then have the cart check to make sure that if they have selected say 13 toppings but only 12 cakes it shows an error?
Maybe a tall order but I need to know.
Cheers
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I would need a bit more information to tell you what is and isn't possible.
You say that "The toppings can be bought individually too". So you mean that a user can go in your online store and decide to just buy toppings, is that it ?
Is there a minimum of toppings per cake ? You say that a cake can have several toppings, but then, you say that have 13 toppings and only 12 cakes in the cart is not possible. Why is that ? If one cake has 2 toppings and the 11 others have only one topping that would be a plausible case, or even if 11 cakes had no toppings and that 1 cake had 13 toppings, or that none of the cakes had toppings and that the toppings were ordered separately since apparently it's something you would like...
So I'm not sure what to answer since I did understand your cases. I hope you can precise what you want to do so I can answer you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In my case each cake can only have 1 topping, so if the customer orders 12 cakes, he shouldnt be allowed to order too many toppings, i.e. 13 toppings.
What I supose I am after is simply a quantity box available for the user to select the number of the variant, and some kind of check mechanism so that the toppings total does not exceed the number of cakes ordered.
How about this...
PRODUCT
Vanilla Cakes @ €10 -> select qty
CHARACTERISTIC
toppings each @ €2
VARIANTS
colours
red -> select qty
blue -> select qty
white -> select qty
Selected cakes + quantities of toppings -> cart
I hope this makes it a bit clearer
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Here is what I would do:
1 have one characteristic called "topping" with the values "no topping", "topping1", "topping2",etc.
Then, create a product and attach that topping characteristic to it. Then, click on the "manage variants" button to specify the price of each variant (product+topping selection).
Then, create custom item field (only in the business edition of hikashop) called color as a dropdown with the values "red","blue",etc in the menu Display->Custom fields.
On the product page, of each of your cakes, the user will be able to select the topping he wants, the color and the quantity and click on the add to cart button to add it to the cart with the corresponding color and topping.
Would that meet your needs ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That sounds interesting, is the demo shop set up to allow for testing this scenario or is the demo just the free version?
Cheers
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have tried to configure a product called cake, following your suggestions and cannot find a way to select 12 cakes and then different quantities of toppings.
Maybe I am being a bit dumb here, perhaps you can have a look at what I have created and make it work?
It's a bit like having quantities for sub options?
Cheers
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You should have created a custom field of type "item" as I advised you in a previous post.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Cheers
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Why do you want a quantity for colors ?
3 white and 5 red ? do you mean that you want 3 white and 5 red for your cake product with a topping vanilla ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I added a custom field for qty and it did take the entered value through to the cart, it didn't relate to anything however it just said qty 3.
It needs to relate to the variant really, so that I can select 3 chocolate cakes and then afterwards add 1 red, 1 blue and 1 white topping variant.
Any advice for this?
Cheers
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have a vanilla cake, you can choose the different flavour frosting then you can choose to have different coloured sauce on top of each cake or cake/frosting combination.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I need a motherboard, select motherboard manufacturer from dropdown, qty = 1
- then select memory sticks, select stick manufacturer from dropdown and select qty = 2
- and so on...
Cheers
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You create a motherboard characteristic with the possible values: ASUS KF52 (+0€), RealTek PS56 (+10€)
You create a memory characteristic with the possible values: 1 memory stick (+0€), 2 memory sticks (+10€), 4 memory sticks (+20€).
Then, you add both characteristics to the pc product and click on the "manage variants" button to set the price for each combination.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
flavour frosting would have the value: vanilla, chocolate, etc
sauce colour would have the value: red, blue, etc
is that it ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Any chance that you can quickly create this on the demo so that I can see how you have done it?
I would like to buy 12 cakes with a choice of vanilla frosting, 4 with red sauce, 4 with blue sauce and 4 with white sauce.
Any chance? Pretty please?
Cheers
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So you mean that you can have several sauces for each cake, and that they can have several colours, right ? Are the sauces free, because you didn't mention the price of sauces so far ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Imagine yourself going into a cake shop, you buy 12 cupcakes all with a vanilla frosting on, you can now choose to have decorations, or sauces on all or an some of them, each topping, sauce or whatever you want to call it is at an extra £1 per cake, therefore if you only have 6 with toppings it will be an extra £6.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.