• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Essential
2 weeks 1 day ago #360734

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.casesmithcustoms.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.11
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.10
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome

I am really getting frustrated. I used a "Polaroid camera" code to display my photos for my products. I am not sure what happened with Hika updates or whatever, but I have no clue where this code is, how to find it, how to edit it, how to delete it and I need help.

Here is a url to a product page:

www.casesmithcustoms.com/index.php/rack-case/modern-rack-cases

Can someone please tell me where this code would be or how I can find it? It is beyond frustrating at this point.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hikashop Essential
2 weeks 1 day ago #360736

Ok, I found it in the display. views.

How come the product image title no longer displays? I want the image with the product title in text below. It used to do it and suddenly just magically stopped.

Please help,

TIA

• Thank you received: 13100
2 weeks 22 hours ago #360738

Hi,

What do you mean by " I used a "Polaroid camera" code to display my photos for my products. " ?
What code are you using exactly ? And where did you add it ?
HikaShop doesn't display the name of the product along with the images by default. So I'm suspecting that you had customized this and you somehow lost that customization. So without knowning more about what you did in the past, it will be hard to understand what is missing.

• Hikashop Essential
2 weeks 16 hours ago #360747

Thank you for the help. BTW I am running the latest stable version of Hika. I put the previous.

<div style="position:relative;text-align:center;clear:both;<?php if(!empty($divWidth)){ echo 'width:'.$divWidth.'px;'; } ?>margin: auto;" class="yjt_polaroid yjt_group radiusb10"  title="<?php echo $this->element->main->product_name; ?>"    
I found the code I did in views / products_block_img. It is above. I did this many years ago and forgot where anything I did is.

My problem now is I would like the text of the product title showed with the image. It use to do this and suddenly stopped.

title="<?php echo $this->element->main->product_name; ?>"

Does this above code snippet put product text? Or how can I get that to occur?

TIA

Last edit: 2 weeks 16 hours ago by nicolas.

2 weeks 12 hours ago #360748

Hi,

The title there will appear when you hover on the image.
That's the same by default in HikaShop.
If you had the text displayed below the image, then it means you had extra customization in there.

Now, while adding the polaroid classes in there is easy, and adding the name of the image below it by default is easy too, making it so that when you hover on another image and the main image refreshes, the name of the image below it is already refreshed requires javascript code and it is not that easy. It requires proper coding.

If you think you had that in the past, then it must be in the same view file override where you found your modification for the polaroid classes. So I would recommend looking there.

• Hikashop Essential
2 weeks 10 hours ago #360757

Ok, yes it did work at one time not sure what happened.

If I do not use the Polaroid class does Hika have an easy way to text the title below the pics?

• Hikashop Essential
2 weeks 8 hours ago #360767

Or also, is there a way for it to just place the product text for the page? Not change the text for hovers but keep the text the manin product "Standard Rack Case".

1 week 6 days ago #360759

Hi,

It's the same. It's not impossible to add, but it's not easy if you're not a developer as you need to add some custom javascript code to the view to handle it. If you're a developer, 1 hour of work should be enough to do it.

Regarding your last message, I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean. Could you explain more ? Maybe with screenshots to illustrate ?

Last edit: 2 weeks 8 hours ago by nicolas.

• Hikashop Essential
1 week 6 days ago #360795

Is it possible without the "polaroid" script? Just using the default Hika layout and effects to have the product text under the main image?

1 week 5 days ago #360796

Hi,

Having the polaroid script or not doesn't change anything.

However, you said "product text" ? What do you mean ? Do you mean that you want to move the product name below the product image ? In that case, you could edit the file show_default via the menu Display>Views and move the name area below the image area with the drag & drop interface.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds