How to exclude a product or category from the coupon

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
2 months 2 weeks ago #359340

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.3
-- HikaSerial version -- : 4.0.2
-- Joomla version -- : 4.2.9
-- PHP version -- : 8.1.26

Hi, using the automatic coupon feature in Acymailing, it is not possible to exclude a product or category from the coupon (I have already asked their support team). I would like the coupon to be activated on all products except for one product or category. Specifically, I am referring to a product that can only be purchased with recurring payments. Is there a way to exclude a product or product category from any type of coupon? Obviously I know that if I create a coupon in Hikashop I can define the categories to which it can be applied and can, consequently, exclude others. But with the email marketing automation system, via Acymailing follow up, this function does not exist. Can you help me find a solution? For example, is there a function on the product page to disable any coupons for that product? I don't think I've seen it, but I'm asking anyway.

By the way, if a coupon is created with Acymail with a 10% discount on all products, therefore including a product with a recurring payment with PayPal of 100 euros each month, what value will be applied to the renewal of the second payment, 90 euros or 100 euros?

Thank you.
Best regards
Francesco

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4006
2 months 2 weeks ago #359381

Hello,

Regarding your message, I'm not sure if I can help you for all your interrogations.
You are using HikaSerial Subscription but your question is related to an Acymailing feature and HikaShop coupons.

For the recurring payment, it depends on the content of the order. If all products are recurring product, the renewal will be done on the entire order, including the coupon and the rest.
But if the order contains just one recurring product, the plugin will perform the first transaction on the entire order and ask for the recurring only on the recurring product price.
Now we could see how we can add new settings in coupons/discount in order to indicate if the discount should be include in the recurring order.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

2 months 2 weeks ago #359396

Thank you,

Jerome wrote: But if the order contains just one recurring product, the plugin will perform the first transaction on the entire order and ask for the recurring only on the recurring product price.

In most cases, people who purchase on my site with recurring payment do so in an order with a single product. So I ask if I understood correctly: if the product has a price of 100 euros and is purchased with a 10% discount coupon for 90 euros, will the next recurring payment be 100 euros?

Thank you
Regards
Francesco

2 months 2 weeks ago #359427

Hello,

No, the recurring will also be 90 euros.

Since all products of the order are recurring products, the entire order is used for the recurring, including payment/shipping/discount fees.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

2 months 2 weeks ago #359449

Thanks a lot
Francesco

1 week 5 days ago #360800

Hi, a purchase was made with a recurring payment set to 1 euro by applying a 10% discount code. The first purchase and the related order were perfect at 0.90 euros. At the first renewal, after 3 days, Papal provided a new payment of 0.90 euros. But Hikaserial changed the subscription as expired and no new order has been created. Could it be because the 10% coupon code has expired in the meantime? It was valid for 2 days. Previously we placed a test order on the same 1 euro product, without applying the coupon, and the order was successfully renewed after 3 days.
Thank you
Francesco

1 week 5 days ago #360803

Hello,

The paypal IPN should have created a new order in your backend, for the renewal.
Can you see that order in your backend ?

If the subscription became expired, we need to see the history in order to understand the order of events.
If you do have the renewal order, it should be linked to the subscription and perform the extension of its duration.
We need more details regarding your issue in order to investigate in the right direction.

Thanks

Jerome - Obsidev.com

1 week 3 days ago #360836

Hi,
no orders were created when PayPal successfully made the renewal payment. If you want to see what happened please enter the backend, you already have the credentials and check what happened with this order Order nr 005296-2024-A
000078-2024-A
Thank you.
Francesco

1 week 2 days ago #360844

Hello,

Seeing the original order won't give us the required elements to understand the order of the events.
The subscription identifier would be more useful to see its history (has previously mentioned).
Since the order was not created by the IPN, it means that something went wrong during the renewal process ; now we need to understand why the IPN was not fully processed.
Even if we can see when the order become expired ; we need to know when the Paypal IPN was made ; and which is the result that you can see in your Paypal dashboard.
We need to understand the chronology of the events to have a better comprehension of "when" the problem occurs so, where to look in the settings/code.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

1 week 2 days ago #360868

Hi,
here are some details, please see the attached files.
On April 30, an order was placed for a 1 euro product using a 10% coupon. The order was paid 0.90 euros by Paypal.
On May 3, PayPal paid 0.90 euros again, but Hikashiop did not issue the new order.
Please note that the 10% discount coupon expired on April 2nd
I hope this helps
Regards
Francesco

1 week 2 days ago #360869

Sorry, I forgot the attachments

Attachments:

1 week 1 day ago #360884

Hello,

So the recurring was triggered by Paypal at 13h48 ; which is hours before the expiration of the subscription.
Do you have more details regarding the IPN log ?
We can see that the HikaShop payment log doesn't show errors, but you paypal recurring is not in debug mode, so it won't trace a log for every transaction. So it's hard to know if the plugin has been called. That's why we need more details from paypal IPN log.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

1 week 1 day ago #360885

Hi,
now I have put the debug mode for recurring payment.
Even the last purchase didn't work when it was renewed. I hope all the screenshots I took can help you understand.
Thank you.
Francesco

1 week 1 day ago #360886

Hello,

Thank you for the new details.
We d not have the IPN logs from Paypal but the fact that you do have an order created in your HikaShop backend is a big difference between what you described before.
So, if you do have an order but that order is "cancelled", it means that the HikaShop recurring system duplicate the order but the coupon was not include ; thus the order total was not equal the Paypal payment price so the order couldn't be configured and marked as cancelled instead.
So it means that HikaShop recurring system can't duplicate an order with an expired coupon. That's something I need to discuss with the HikaShop core team in order to work on a patch in HikaShop.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

1 week 1 day ago #360893

Hi,
as you understand, I'm still doing some tests.
The first test, without coupon, went well, the order and the renewal order were done correctly.
The second test was done with a coupon that expired before the renewal and Hikashop did not place the order.
The third test was done with a coupon that was still valid on the renewal date, but Hikashop closed the order.
In all cases, Paypal has always made the payment even at the renewal for the amount of the initial order, in the second and third tests therefore with a 10% discount.
The discount coupon is released by Acymailing (follow up after a week from purchase) when a person makes a purchase with Hikashop, but unfortunately it is not possible to exclude a product, otherwise we would have already solved it, we would have created a coupon not applicable to the product with recurring payment.
I have been wanting to launch a marketing campaign to promote the new recurring payment method on my site for many months, but I still have this problem today and everything is still at a standstill until I understand how to manage the situations. I could write on the product page "Do not use the coupon for this product", but you know that many people do not read everything and the risk that they then use the coupon remains, with the consequences of providing a disservice to customers.
If you can find a solution quickly I would be very grateful.
Best regards
Francesco

1 week 1 day ago #360895

Hi,

Jerome wrote: We d not have the IPN logs from Paypal

can you kindly tell me where can I find the IPN logs from Paypal?

Thank you
Regards

1 week 22 hours ago #360915

Hello,

I hope to find a quick solution and understand more about the situation in order to provide new settings/features in HikaSubscription to handle such kind of behavior.
But the fact that I don't know why the order is not created at the first place and why the second test was more conclusive (even if it was not confirmed since the order total was not the same as expected) ; is blocking.

Your Paypal IPN logs should be at : www.paypal.com/merchantnotification/ipn/history
( as explained in the documentation page : developer.paypal.com/api/nvp-soap/ipn/IPNOperations/ )

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

1 week 8 hours ago #360931

Hi

Jerome wrote: But the fact that I don't know why the order is not created at the first place and why the second test was more conclusive (even if it was not confirmed since the order total was not the same as expected) ; is blocking.

Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean, can you explain it to me in other words? Talking about the IPN procedure on Paypal, it is too difficult for me to set it up. I hope you can reproduce the problem on one of your testing sites, where you will surely have activated your IPN procedure.
Thank you
Francesco

6 days 22 hours ago #360943

Hello,

The IPN is the "Instant Payment Notification" ; it describe the way that Paypal is contacting your website in order to notify that a payment is being processed.
It's used for regular payment confirmation, but also for recurring payment.

Since the IPN is a notification send by Pyapal to your website ; we need to be sure that Paypal called the right URL (for the right payment plugin), with the right parameters and we need to have details regarding what your website replied to that notification.
All these information should be available in your Paypal IPN log.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 days 5 hours ago #360961

Hi,
maybe I found the right place on the PayPal site to activate notifications. Is this what you mean?
What should I put as the URL? Please look at the attached file.
Thank you

Attachments:

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds