- Posts: 28
- Thank you received: 2
Content of the field address_street2 is missing
- haraldundandrea
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #347485
by haraldundandrea
Content of the field address_street2 is missing was created by haraldundandrea
Hello,
on the last orders I missed the house numbers in the emails although this field is set as required.
I use the field address_street2 for that and all is set same way as the field address_street.
First I thought this information is really missing but then I noticed that it is only a display error.
The data has been entered and saved correct. I can see it if I open the order to edit. But the information is not contained in any email for the orders. It has worked fine and I have nothing changed on it.
Same way for the customer data. In the backend view the content of the field is not displayed first. If I open the adresses to edit the field and its content is there. After editing the content is still not displayed.
What can I do to fix this?
Greetings - Harald
on the last orders I missed the house numbers in the emails although this field is set as required.
I use the field address_street2 for that and all is set same way as the field address_street.
First I thought this information is really missing but then I noticed that it is only a display error.
The data has been entered and saved correct. I can see it if I open the order to edit. But the information is not contained in any email for the orders. It has worked fine and I have nothing changed on it.
Same way for the customer data. In the backend view the content of the field is not displayed first. If I open the adresses to edit the field and its content is there. After editing the content is still not displayed.
What can I do to fix this?
Greetings - Harald
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by haraldundandrea. Reason: Adding screenshots
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
3 years 9 months ago #347498
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Content of the field address_street2 is missing
Hi,
A custom address field will only appear in the display of an address if its tag is added in the "address format" setting of the HikaShop configuration. Also, it's possible that after a migration from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4 (or changing your template), the field doesn't appear even though the tag is in that setting. That's because this setting will generate a view override of the default format in each template. And if you change to a new template, it won't have the override. So you'll have to save the setting once so that it regenerate the overrides.
A custom address field will only appear in the display of an address if its tag is added in the "address format" setting of the HikaShop configuration. Also, it's possible that after a migration from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4 (or changing your template), the field doesn't appear even though the tag is in that setting. That's because this setting will generate a view override of the default format in each template. And if you change to a new template, it won't have the override. So you'll have to save the setting once so that it regenerate the overrides.
The following user(s) said Thank You: haraldundandrea
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- haraldundandrea
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 28
- Thank you received: 2
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #347513
by haraldundandrea
Replied by haraldundandrea on topic Content of the field address_street2 is missing
Hello nicolas,
thank you for your quick reply.
Seems that the migration from joomla 3 to joomla 4 or the change from the template caused the problem.
All tags of my custom fields has been deleted. Fortunately I have a copy of my shop with joomla 3 still running so that I could copy my changes from there. Additionally I saved my settings on a text file now.
Greetings - Harald
BTW: I got no notification mail for your answer allthough I have subscribed the thread on creating it...
thank you for your quick reply.
Seems that the migration from joomla 3 to joomla 4 or the change from the template caused the problem.
All tags of my custom fields has been deleted. Fortunately I have a copy of my shop with joomla 3 still running so that I could copy my changes from there. Additionally I saved my settings on a text file now.
Greetings - Harald
BTW: I got no notification mail for your answer allthough I have subscribed the thread on creating it...
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by haraldundandrea.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
3 years 9 months ago #347515
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Content of the field address_street2 is missing
Hi,
The email probably went in your spam folder or was flagged as spam and directly rejected by your email server.
The email probably went in your spam folder or was flagged as spam and directly rejected by your email server.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds