products
- vendor 1
- - category 1
- - - subcategory 1 (with products)
- - - subcategory 2 (with products)
- - category 2
- vendor 2
etc

I am trying to set up a menu item that will display the product categories of vendor 1. From there, subcategories should also be displayed when one clicks on a parent category (ie category 1) and finally products should be displayed when one clicks on a subcategory that actually has products (ie subcategory 1)

On the Category Listing menu item the Main category selected is [vendor 1]. Subcategories and child subcategories are displayed properly.

The Product Options are configured thus:

However when one clicks on a subcategory that actually has products (ie subcategory1) nothing happens, no products are displayed and the page only refreshes to the same content but with the new url. (from index.php/menu2 to index.php/menu2/category/subcategory1)

I have been trying to get this to work for hours now. I am obviously missing something, as it cannot be that difficult.

Thank you in advance,
Stelios

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13079
7 years 9 months ago #244949

Hi,

Screenshots of the whole page would have been great so that we would have known for which menu item of your frontend you had the problem, the type of the menu item, etc.
A link to the page you're talking about would have been great too :)

The screenshots you provided look fine.
So maybe it comes from your Joomla template.
Some templates have view overrides of HikaShop breaking the products listing.
Check if you have the file templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/cateogry/listing.php and if you do, try to rename it in order to deactivate it. Maybe that will solve the problem. If not please provide more information on the problem.

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 9 months ago #244994

Hello and thank you for the reply.

A demo version of the page can be found here: demo2.brain.net.gr , the link is the test2 on the upper right.

This is what is shown when clicking on the test2 link (details on its configuration are in my initial post)

And this is what happens when one clicks on category 2. The only thing that changes is the url

The template used is the JVFashion, which does have overrides for Hikashop views. I renamed the listing.php that you suggested but nothing changed. Perhaps it is some other override?

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 612
7 years 9 months ago #245003

Hello,

I had a look on your configuration screenshot, can you please reproduce this configuration please ?

Data display have to display Vendor 1 parent category, right ?
Sub elements filter & show children have to show ALL sub elements, direct element display can't work.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Philip.

7 years 9 months ago #245114

Thank you again for the reply, that does not work either.

It seems it is some bug in the template. That JVFashion is a bit troublesome.

I installed a clean Hikashop with the HikaMarket and everything (obviously) works fine. So, it must be some kind of override on a specific view. Could you possibly offer any help with what I can try with the overriden views? Which ones are responsible and should be deleted?

Best regards,
Stelios

Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by datalabs.

7 years 9 months ago #245126

Hi,

To make sure that it comes from the template, try renaming the whole templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop folder. That will deactivate all the overrides of the template.
With the additional information you provided, I don't think that the issue is linked to the template.
The issue is that the system doesn't see the parameter of the selected category and thus still displays the content of the default category of the menu item.
It might be a SEF issue.
Try turning off the "removing category and product ids from URLs" setting of the HikaShop configuration.
Maybe that will help.

7 years 9 months ago #245127

Hi,

To make sure that it comes from the template, try renaming the whole templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop folder. That will deactivate all the overrides of the template.
With the additional information you provided, I don't think that the issue is linked to the template.
The issue is that the system doesn't see the parameter of the selected category and thus still displays the content of the default category of the menu item.
It might be a SEF issue.
Try turning off the "removing category and product ids from URLs" setting of the HikaShop configuration.
Maybe that will help.

The following user(s) said Thank You: datalabs

7 years 9 months ago #245386

nicolas wrote: It might be a SEF issue.
/quote]

Yep! That was it, all works fine now. Thank you very much!

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds