- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Different product image depending on language
14 years 9 months ago #33027
by jplante
Different product image depending on language was created by jplante
Good day,
how can you have different product images depending on language?
I played around a bit with Joomfish translation file, but I would need a bit of guidance.
Thanks
Js
how can you have different product images depending on language?
I played around a bit with Joomfish translation file, but I would need a bit of guidance.
Thanks
Js
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 9 months ago #33054
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Different product image depending on language
Hi,
Once you uploaded your images in HikaShop. Go in JoomFish and edit your HikaShop file entries with it. There, change the file path of each image to the "translated" image name and it will do what you want.
Once you uploaded your images in HikaShop. Go in JoomFish and edit your HikaShop file entries with it. There, change the file path of each image to the "translated" image name and it will do what you want.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #34544
by jplante
Replied by jplante on topic Re: Different product image depending on language
Ok, but where can I find the "name" of the image for the JoomFish file?
Thanks
Js
Thanks
Js
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #34587
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Different product image depending on language
What do you mean by "joomfish file" ? Joomfish is not a file but an extension that you can access via the menu Components->joomfish of your back end once you installed it on your website. There, you can open your translations for Hikashop files and edit a translation of your file and change the image file name to another image file name that you would have uploaded already in media/com_hikashop/upload via FTP.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #34607
by jplante
Replied by jplante on topic Re: Different product image depending on language
Ok, when I was talking about Joomfish files, I was talking about the XML file for Hikashop in the Joomfish folder. I was under the impression I needed to edit that file In order to be able to change the image. If it's the case, you need to specify a name for every field that you wanted to be translate (I already did it for custom fields). Where can I find the name of the images to be translated? Is that name generated every time so I need to modify the XML for every product?
Thanks
Hope it's clearer
Thanks
Hope it's clearer
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #34647
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Different product image depending on language
Hi,
The images XML file is already there. You don't need to modify it. It's called hikashop_files.xml
Just go in joomfish's translation area, set it for your language and for the hikashop_file table and you will see your images that you can edit.
The images XML file is already there. You don't need to modify it. It's called hikashop_files.xml
Just go in joomfish's translation area, set it for your language and for the hikashop_file table and you will see your images that you can edit.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds