- Posts: 108
- Thank you received: 2
Looking for help with HikaSerial for Gift Certificates
- aimlesslady
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
6 years 7 months ago #316061
by aimlesslady
Replied by aimlesslady on topic Looking for help with HikaSerial for Gift Certificates
Yes,
BTW, when I tried to make a purchase using the serial number as a coupon code, the value for the coupon was $0
BTW, when I tried to make a purchase using the serial number as a coupon code, the value for the coupon was $0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 7 months ago #316062
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Looking for help with HikaSerial for Gift Certificates
Hello,
Sure, the coupon price is the product price ; as explained previously.
Regards,
Sure, the coupon price is the product price ; as explained previously.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- aimlesslady
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 108
- Thank you received: 2
6 years 7 months ago #316076
by aimlesslady
Replied by aimlesslady on topic Looking for help with HikaSerial for Gift Certificates
I don't understand. I purchased a gift certificate for $1. Then I tried to apply that certificate to a new purchase of a product costing $6 by entering the serial code in the coupon code text field. It accepted the code but on the check out the value of the discount was $0 and the cost of the item was not reduced by the coupon.
Also, I still never got the 'gift Certificate" in my email (from the Attach Serial)
Also, I still never got the 'gift Certificate" in my email (from the Attach Serial)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- aimlesslady
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 108
- Thank you received: 2
6 years 7 months ago #316093
by aimlesslady
Replied by aimlesslady on topic Looking for help with HikaSerial for Gift Certificates
Yes, there is a serial number.
I have given up on the 'fill in your own amount' and am now trying to have a few different denominations of gift certificates.I have tested it with one certificate of a defined amount and EXCEPT for still not getting a certificate in the email, it seemed to work. My questions now are:
If I have more than one gift certificate to offer, how many packs do I need?
How many instances of coupon generator?
How many gift cert. templates?
Is there a way to purchase more than one instance of a gift certificate(at one visit) thereby increasing the final amount of the certificate? So if I have a $10 certificate and I make a quantity of 3 can it be a $30 value?
Why doesn't my product Gift Certificate have a quantity box?
Why am I still not getting the "attach serial" gift cert in the email?
I have given up on the 'fill in your own amount' and am now trying to have a few different denominations of gift certificates.I have tested it with one certificate of a defined amount and EXCEPT for still not getting a certificate in the email, it seemed to work. My questions now are:
If I have more than one gift certificate to offer, how many packs do I need?
How many instances of coupon generator?
How many gift cert. templates?
Is there a way to purchase more than one instance of a gift certificate(at one visit) thereby increasing the final amount of the certificate? So if I have a $10 certificate and I make a quantity of 3 can it be a $30 value?
Why doesn't my product Gift Certificate have a quantity box?
Why am I still not getting the "attach serial" gift cert in the email?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 7 months ago #316094
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Looking for help with HikaSerial for Gift Certificates
Hello,
When you buy a product, a serial is created and an hikashop coupon too.
Once that coupon is created, the hikaserial job is done. The usage of the coupon is related to HikaShop.
So, how is your generated coupon ?
If its value is 0, then you have a problem with the generator configuration or the product price.
Regarding the attach image, we need more details to understand what you're talking about.
1- one per coupon template. Depending the configuration it can be just one.
2- one per template (image)
3- No, the value of the coupon is related to the product. One serial per product quantity
4- It's related to HikaShop not HikaSerial
5- I can't tell you without the details
Regards
When you buy a product, a serial is created and an hikashop coupon too.
Once that coupon is created, the hikaserial job is done. The usage of the coupon is related to HikaShop.
So, how is your generated coupon ?
If its value is 0, then you have a problem with the generator configuration or the product price.
Regarding the attach image, we need more details to understand what you're talking about.
1- one per coupon template. Depending the configuration it can be just one.
2- one per template (image)
3- No, the value of the coupon is related to the product. One serial per product quantity
4- It's related to HikaShop not HikaSerial
5- I can't tell you without the details
Regards
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- aimlesslady
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 108
- Thank you received: 2
6 years 6 months ago #316179
by aimlesslady
Replied by aimlesslady on topic Looking for help with HikaSerial for Gift Certificates
I am ready to give up! I found another component compatible with Hikashop called AWOCoupon that has solid documentation and I am about to purchase it. Before I do, I was wondering if you would be willing to log into my site and look over my settings to see if there is something I have done that is causing me not to receive the coupon, and if everything else is set correctly. Of course I would prefer to stick with Hikaserial if I can make it work. If that is asking too much, then I think i will just go for the other product.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 6 months ago #316188
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Looking for help with HikaSerial for Gift Certificates
Hello,
Please use the "contact us" form to send us such kind of private information.
Also, please include the URL of that forum thread, so the support team will know what to do with the credentials.
Regards,
Please use the "contact us" form to send us such kind of private information.
Also, please include the URL of that forum thread, so the support team will know what to do with the credentials.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds