- Posts: 81
- Thank you received: 9
HikaSerial Plugin: PDFSerial
- Leilahodgkins
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
5 years 1 month ago #334878
by Leilahodgkins
HikaSerial Plugin: PDFSerial was created by Leilahodgkins
Hi there,
I have been playing with HikaSerial to create a Gift Certificate product. I got it to work by reading your documentation and I can successfully create an order that generates the coupon code and emails a jpeg of the gift certificate to the user. It all looks nice!
However, a jpeg is a little awkward because the user cannot copy and paste the code.
In the list of plugins, I found one called PDFSerial and thought I could use that to generate a PDF certificate instead however I experienced a couple of errors.
- Firstly, when the font was set to 'arial' I got an error saying 'TCPDF ERROR: Could not include font definition file: arial'
- I changed the font to 'times' which then created the order OK, but no code was written on my PDF template.
Attached is my set up in the plugin.
Am I using this plugin correctly? I couldn't find any documentation for it. Do you know what might be causing the problems?
Many thanks for your help.
Leila
I have been playing with HikaSerial to create a Gift Certificate product. I got it to work by reading your documentation and I can successfully create an order that generates the coupon code and emails a jpeg of the gift certificate to the user. It all looks nice!
However, a jpeg is a little awkward because the user cannot copy and paste the code.
In the list of plugins, I found one called PDFSerial and thought I could use that to generate a PDF certificate instead however I experienced a couple of errors.
- Firstly, when the font was set to 'arial' I got an error saying 'TCPDF ERROR: Could not include font definition file: arial'
- I changed the font to 'times' which then created the order OK, but no code was written on my PDF template.
Attached is my set up in the plugin.
Am I using this plugin correctly? I couldn't find any documentation for it. Do you know what might be causing the problems?
Many thanks for your help.
Leila
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
5 years 1 month ago #334888
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic HikaSerial Plugin: PDFSerial
Hello,
You should start with a position "0 : 0" and font size 14.
The current values seems to be very big for the PDF ; and PDF lib is not exactly working in pixels.
Regarding the font, "arial" is a system one. So if you have an error with that font it means that you're hosting do not have it available.
Courrier, Helvetica and Times are include in the HIkaSerial package.
You can also see to use the TCPDF font import system to add your own fonts in the HikaSerial media folder.
Regards,
You should start with a position "0 : 0" and font size 14.
The current values seems to be very big for the PDF ; and PDF lib is not exactly working in pixels.
Regarding the font, "arial" is a system one. So if you have an error with that font it means that you're hosting do not have it available.
Courrier, Helvetica and Times are include in the HIkaSerial package.
You can also see to use the TCPDF font import system to add your own fonts in the HikaSerial media folder.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Leilahodgkins
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 81
- Thank you received: 9
5 years 1 month ago #334902
by Leilahodgkins
Replied by Leilahodgkins on topic HikaSerial Plugin: PDFSerial
Great! Thank you for the tips, I've got it working now.
Best wishes
Leila
Best wishes
Leila
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds