- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 1
Please make a tutorial
13 years 11 months ago #74274
by immersiva
Please make a tutorial was created by immersiva
Hi,
I'm trying to create a plugin for HikaSerial, so that I can finish this workflow:
Objective: A store for digital products
a) with only one (for now) dowloadable digital product
b) configure simple checkout process with paypal payment and a digital product (file) download
c) when the game is bought an email is sent to the user with a custom serial number. For instance, the serial number can be something like: md5(<user email>+'somerandomstring' + reissues_counter)
d) serials can be re-generated for a specific user (thus the reissues_counter thing)
e) when the user starts to play the game:
e.1 - s/he enters his/her login and serial number
e.2 - the game client sends the data to the server invoking an HTTP URL (php script)
e.3 - the game site/server validates the information and sends the client a response
I installed hikashop and hikaserial, but how to I get started creating this plugin.
A basic tutorial would be great, instead of searching bits of information here and there on this forum.
For instance, which files do I need to create and where do I put them?
How do I consume a serial in step e.2?
TIA,
Rod
I'm trying to create a plugin for HikaSerial, so that I can finish this workflow:
Objective: A store for digital products
a) with only one (for now) dowloadable digital product
b) configure simple checkout process with paypal payment and a digital product (file) download
c) when the game is bought an email is sent to the user with a custom serial number. For instance, the serial number can be something like: md5(<user email>+'somerandomstring' + reissues_counter)
d) serials can be re-generated for a specific user (thus the reissues_counter thing)
e) when the user starts to play the game:
e.1 - s/he enters his/her login and serial number
e.2 - the game client sends the data to the server invoking an HTTP URL (php script)
e.3 - the game site/server validates the information and sends the client a response
I installed hikashop and hikaserial, but how to I get started creating this plugin.
A basic tutorial would be great, instead of searching bits of information here and there on this forum.
For instance, which files do I need to create and where do I put them?
How do I consume a serial in step e.2?
TIA,
Rod
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #74283
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Re: Please make a tutorial
Hi,
Did you look at the developer documentation ?
www.hikashop.com/en/hikashop/125-hikaserial-developer.html
Some documentation about the "consume" is missing but we will work on documentation this week.
I will include some information about HikaSerial webservices too.
The consume html page is:
Using webservices, in the front end, to check a serial, you can call an url like this :
It would result something like this:
You can use XML, JSON and HTML formats.
After that, there is the "consume" feature.
You can consume a serial which is "assigned".
For example, I can call the URL
And I received:
The webservice is compatible with html POST request.
So you can make a post request to the url
And give the rest of the parameters by POST ( hikaserial[serial_data] / hikaserial[format] / hikaserial[serial_extra_data][] )
Regards,
Did you look at the developer documentation ?
www.hikashop.com/en/hikashop/125-hikaserial-developer.html
Some documentation about the "consume" is missing but we will work on documentation this week.
I will include some information about HikaSerial webservices too.
The consume html page is:
Code:
index.php?option=com_hikaserial&ctrl=serial&task=consume
Using webservices, in the front end, to check a serial, you can call an url like this :
Code:
index.php?option=com_hikaserial&ctrl=serial&task=check&hikaserial[serial]=YOUR_SERIAL_DATA&hikaserial[format]=xml
It would result something like this:
Code:
<hikaserial>
<serials>
<serial status="unassigned" date="1333535893">
<data><![CDATA[YOUR_SERIAL_DATA]]></data>
<extradata>
<computer_name><![CDATA[the computer name]]></computer_name>
</extradata>
</serial>
</serials>
</hikaserial>
After that, there is the "consume" feature.
You can consume a serial which is "assigned".
For example, I can call the URL
Code:
/index.php?option=com_hikaserial&ctrl=serial&task=consume&hikaserial[serial_data]=YOUR_SERIAL_DATA&hikaserial[serial_extra_data][myUser]=Jerome&hikaserial[format]=json
And I received:
Code:
{"consume":{"status":"assigned","date":"0","data":"YOUR_SERIAL_DATA","extradata":{"myUser":"Jerome"}}}
The webservice is compatible with html POST request.
So you can make a post request to the url
Code:
/index.php?option=com_hikaserial&ctrl=serial&task=consume
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #74308
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Re: Please make a tutorial
Hi,
The documentation has been updated.
There is now a dedicated page to the consume feature: www.hikashop.com/en/hikashop/138-hikaserial-consume.html
Regards,
The documentation has been updated.
There is now a dedicated page to the consume feature: www.hikashop.com/en/hikashop/138-hikaserial-consume.html
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #74539
by immersiva
Replied by immersiva on topic Re: Please make a tutorial
Hi Jerome,
Thanks for your promptly reply.
I think it's useful to document that the developer should look in /plugin/hikaserial/ for examples. Since I came from a different programming background I don't know upfront where joomla things are located.
Thanks again,
R.
Thanks for your promptly reply.
I think it's useful to document that the developer should look in /plugin/hikaserial/ for examples. Since I came from a different programming background I don't know upfront where joomla things are located.
Thanks again,
R.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds