- Posts: 58
- Thank you received: 2
Hikamarket payment Suggestions? PayPal Adaptive going away?
- chellemiller11
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
8 years 10 months ago #282141
by chellemiller11
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.0
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.7.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.1
I'm creating a marketplace in which I want vendors to be paid directly. I was hoping to use Paypal adaptive so that I would make a small portion of each transaction. I found the directions for setting this up and logged in to my PayPal business account to apply for an API. I found this info:
How do I get an Adaptive Payments API application ID?
Important: Adaptive Payments is now a limited release product. It is restricted to select partners for approved use cases and should not be used for new integrations without guidance from PayPal.
Is Paypal phasing out Adaptive Payments? Are there any other payment options out there that will do something similar in terms of splitting payments made?
-- HikaMarket version -- : 1.7.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.1
I'm creating a marketplace in which I want vendors to be paid directly. I was hoping to use Paypal adaptive so that I would make a small portion of each transaction. I found the directions for setting this up and logged in to my PayPal business account to apply for an API. I found this info:
How do I get an Adaptive Payments API application ID?
Important: Adaptive Payments is now a limited release product. It is restricted to select partners for approved use cases and should not be used for new integrations without guidance from PayPal.
Is Paypal phasing out Adaptive Payments? Are there any other payment options out there that will do something similar in terms of splitting payments made?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 10 months ago #282158
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Hikamarket payment Suggestions? PayPal Adaptive going away?
Hello,
We still don't know what Paypal will propose to replace "Paypal Adaptive" but it looks like they will migrate to "braintree marketplace".
www.braintreepayments.com/products/braintree-marketplace
Which have some similarities with MangoPay.
We are also reviewing "Stripe connect" which do have "adaptive" features now (it was not the case some months ago).
Regarding Paypal, since they create, rename and revoke their services every few months ; it is still very hard to say !
regards,
We still don't know what Paypal will propose to replace "Paypal Adaptive" but it looks like they will migrate to "braintree marketplace".
www.braintreepayments.com/products/braintree-marketplace
Which have some similarities with MangoPay.
We are also reviewing "Stripe connect" which do have "adaptive" features now (it was not the case some months ago).
Regarding Paypal, since they create, rename and revoke their services every few months ; it is still very hard to say !
regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopheMG
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- chellemiller11
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 58
- Thank you received: 2
8 years 10 months ago #283366
by chellemiller11
Replied by chellemiller11 on topic Hikamarket payment Suggestions? PayPal Adaptive going away?
Just wondering then if there is any way to use PayPal with HikaMarket if I want the vendors to be paid directly. Since I don't have the option to use PayPal adaptive, I'm wondering the correct settings to just have vendors paid directly. I've tried the "store paid directly" or "pay vendor directly" in the market mode, and with both settings, all payments go to the paypal address from the main vendor (me).
Is there a correct setting so that the stores will be paid directly using the normal PayPal plugin?
Is there a correct setting so that the stores will be paid directly using the normal PayPal plugin?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 9 months ago #283391
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Hikamarket payment Suggestions? PayPal Adaptive going away?
Hello,
The "Paypal Adaptive" plugin is still working in "classical" mode (it's a settings in the plugin).
When you are using the vendor limitation in the cart ; that plugin can allow the vendor to be paid directly to its paypal email address.
But please note that the vendor will receive all the order sum, so if you have some fees the vendor will have to pay you back (and HikaMarket will make these reports for you).
Regards,
The "Paypal Adaptive" plugin is still working in "classical" mode (it's a settings in the plugin).
When you are using the vendor limitation in the cart ; that plugin can allow the vendor to be paid directly to its paypal email address.
But please note that the vendor will receive all the order sum, so if you have some fees the vendor will have to pay you back (and HikaMarket will make these reports for you).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- chellemiller11
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 58
- Thank you received: 2
8 years 9 months ago #283434
by chellemiller11
Replied by chellemiller11 on topic Hikamarket payment Suggestions? PayPal Adaptive going away?
Thanks for reply. I've tried to use the PayPal Adaptive plugin, but can't get it to load. I'm attaching two screenshots showing the problem. I go to PayPal Adaptive in "Plugins", then click on "Hikashop Options" (screenshot 1), it takes me to the regular PayPal plugin (screenshot 2). It doesn't load the PayPal adaptive plugin itself.
Is there a way to reload a new PayPal adaptive plugin as it doesn't seem to be working correctly?
Is there a way to reload a new PayPal adaptive plugin as it doesn't seem to be working correctly?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 9 months ago #283435
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Hikamarket payment Suggestions? PayPal Adaptive going away?
Hello,
You need to create an instance for the Paypal Adaptive plugin, like explained in the HikaShop tutorial :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...st-sale.html#payment
The HikaShop payment plugin do not have settings in the Joomla plugin manager part ; they are made to work as "instances" to provide something much more flexible and powerful (thanks to the restriction system).
Once you will create the instance ; you'd have the interface as describe in the documentation :
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...aladaptive-form.html
Regards,
You need to create an instance for the Paypal Adaptive plugin, like explained in the HikaShop tutorial :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...st-sale.html#payment
The HikaShop payment plugin do not have settings in the Joomla plugin manager part ; they are made to work as "instances" to provide something much more flexible and powerful (thanks to the restriction system).
Once you will create the instance ; you'd have the interface as describe in the documentation :
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...aladaptive-form.html
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chellemiller11
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- chellemiller11
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 58
- Thank you received: 2
8 years 9 months ago #283700
by chellemiller11
Replied by chellemiller11 on topic Hikamarket payment Suggestions? PayPal Adaptive going away?
That was easy enough. Thank you. One last question...
Is there a way to incorporate "enable validation mode" into the PP Adaptive classical mode, like in the normal PayPal plugin? I don't see the option, but I'd like for vendors to be able to review the purchase first then accept/reject payment.
Thanks in advance.
Is there a way to incorporate "enable validation mode" into the PP Adaptive classical mode, like in the normal PayPal plugin? I don't see the option, but I'd like for vendors to be able to review the purchase first then accept/reject payment.
Thanks in advance.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 9 months ago #283704
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Hikamarket payment Suggestions? PayPal Adaptive going away?
Hello,
Yes I can add that in the TODO list for a future improvement.
Regards,
Yes I can add that in the TODO list for a future improvement.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- chellemiller11
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 58
- Thank you received: 2
8 years 8 months ago #285260
by chellemiller11
Replied by chellemiller11 on topic Hikamarket payment Suggestions? PayPal Adaptive going away?
Any thoughts on when there might be a solution to the "validation mode" incorporated into the PayPal adaptive classical? Or some other similar solution? I really would like my vendors to be paid directly but need to way for them to either "accept" or "reject" each purchase made. Or is this something we need to get custom work to create? Thanks in advance.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #285270
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Hikamarket payment Suggestions? PayPal Adaptive going away?
Hello,
I don't know why I did not listed it in the changelog but the setting has been added in the plugin for HikaMarket 2.0.1
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...arket-changelog.html
Regards,
I don't know why I did not listed it in the changelog but the setting has been added in the plugin for HikaMarket 2.0.1
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...arket-changelog.html
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Jerome. Reason: typo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds