Stock/Inventory management, Physical product location

• Thank you received: 1
3 months 4 weeks ago #360918

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.4
-- Joomla version -- : 5.1
-- PHP version -- : 8.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome

Hello,

i was wondering if it would be possible to use hikashop just for stock managament, I see it has many features which might do it.

I was thinking of managing my inventory with hikashop, so i can have info where is which item located, then when i take it, i just do fake checkout(then stock goes down by quantity).

I have 3 different location of garages where is store old spare parts, so location is very important info. Location info should be displayed on the front end on the product page.

Would it be possible to have information of exact quantity of certain item(product) at certain location with existing Hikashop features, and how?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13257
3 months 4 weeks ago #360924

Hi,

HikaShop only has one stock for each product.
However, a product can have variants (like this: demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/...with-characteristics ) and each variant can have its own stock.
So, if you need to manage stock for different locations, you could have a location characteristic, with each location as a value, and then in each product, you could add that characteristic and then use the "add variants" button on the variants tab of the product edit screen to add the different locations where the product is available. Then, you can edit each variant to provide the stock.

Then, if you want to display the stock of each location in a table on the product details page on the frontend, it's possible by changing the "characteristic selection method" to "list" in the HikaShop configuration. This will display a table, with one row per variant, one column with the value of the "location" for each variant, and a column with the stock and the add to cart button.

Also, note that we also have this plugin on our marketplace:
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/107...ock-by-hikashop.html
If your products have barcodes, and you're actually manipulating them, you could have a physical barcode scanner ( or a smartphone using its camera ), so that you could easily add / remove stock on each product / variant.
And even without barcode, just by entering the product code, you can do the same.

• Thank you received: 1
3 months 4 weeks ago #360944

Hi Nicolas,

thank you for detailed response, i just tried in at https://demo.hikashop.com/administratorhttps://demo.hikashop.com/administrator

It really works.....btw, demo website is out of date, runs on joomla 3

Also, what about this? https://www.hikashop.com/support/10-documentation/hikashop/451-hikashop-warehouse-listing.html
Can this feature be used instead? Would it be possible to see stock in different warehouses in the frontend product pages?

• Thank you received: 13257
3 months 4 weeks ago #360946

Hi,

Yes, the Joomla version on the demo website is out of date.
We can't update it. The developers of the template we're using on the demo website closed shop and didn't port it for Joomla 4 and 5.
We need to redo the website from scratch. It's something we plan on addressing.

For now, stock is not linked to warehouses. So this warehouse feature won't help you do what you want, and that's why I didn't mention it in my previous message.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds