Adding product and categories – suggestions

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
2 months 1 week ago #361716

Suggestion 1 – adding products
I see that that many people have a problem with adding products with the same name. That causes alias error and administrator don’t know what to do. It would me a much simpler if alias auto generate with some postfix ex product-2, product-3 etc. That will not cause problems. Many no technical users don’t know what to do.

Suggestion 2 – adding prices
I see also that adding prices is a bit confusing for lot of users. In my opinion It’s should looks like that:
1. Select VAT rate (dropdown)
2. Select with tax / without tax (checkbox that is selected default by with tax)
3. Input filed with price (if you select in step 2 with tax that you can only input prices with tax, price without tax will only display read-only).
Users in many case have a problem because you have two writable fields. One writable filed will simplify a much a whole process (you can chose to input with or without tax).

HikaShop it’s great but that a little things make a UX much harder for no technical users.

Ps. Block builder in views is great!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13257
2 months 1 week ago #361738

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

1. That's a good point. I've added patch for this to automatically modify the alias for the merchant.

2. This could indeed be improved. But I'm not sure how to do it nicely, UX wise. I need to think over it.

3. Thanks for the feedack on the view builder !

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
2 months 1 week ago #361749

Awesome! HikaShop is the best!

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds