- Posts: 80
- Thank you received: 0
Cross site scripting vulnerability found in args:
11 years 5 months ago #197528
by jmilli
Cross site scripting vulnerability found in args: was created by jmilli
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business: 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.13
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Safari 8.04
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Cross site scripting vulnerability found in args:Itemid
Greetings.
I just updated to Joomla 3.x from 2.5x. I have SiteLock on my site and they sent me the following message:
Cross site scripting vulnerability found in args:Itemid
The url is listed above privately.
There were 2 products listed.
After I received the message from SiteLock I upgraded HikaShop to the latest version. Is there a chance that the upgrade solved the problem? Site lock is offering to fix the problem for a fee, but I haven't looked into that yet. I am at a loss on how to fix it.
Thanks.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.13
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Safari 8.04
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Cross site scripting vulnerability found in args:Itemid
Greetings.
I just updated to Joomla 3.x from 2.5x. I have SiteLock on my site and they sent me the following message:
Cross site scripting vulnerability found in args:Itemid
The url is listed above privately.
There were 2 products listed.
After I received the message from SiteLock I upgraded HikaShop to the latest version. Is there a chance that the upgrade solved the problem? Site lock is offering to fix the problem for a fee, but I haven't looked into that yet. I am at a loss on how to fix it.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #197555
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Cross site scripting vulnerability found in args:
Hi,
The "Itemid" come from Joomla itself and there is no vulnerability in that parameter which just accept a number.
So, there is nothing to do ; except generating some URL with valid itemid so the url will be right SEF and won't contain a itemid visible as parameter.
Regards,
The "Itemid" come from Joomla itself and there is no vulnerability in that parameter which just accept a number.
So, there is nothing to do ; except generating some URL with valid itemid so the url will be right SEF and won't contain a itemid visible as parameter.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #197599
by jmilli
Replied by jmilli on topic Cross site scripting vulnerability found in args:
Hi Jerome,
Thanks for your reply. Can you provide a bit more information how to do the fix you recommend? I am not quite sure how to proceed.
Thanks.
Thanks for your reply. Can you provide a bit more information how to do the fix you recommend? I am not quite sure how to proceed.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 5 months ago #197643
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Cross site scripting vulnerability found in args:
Hi,
www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/what-is-the-joomla-itemid/
( but it's not the only article which talk about the subject )
The fix I recommend is to use a HikaShop menu when you generate links for HikaShop ; otherwise you will have a "bad" url with an itemid in the parameters.
Regards,
www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/what-is-the-joomla-itemid/
( but it's not the only article which talk about the subject )
The fix I recommend is to use a HikaShop menu when you generate links for HikaShop ; otherwise you will have a "bad" url with an itemid in the parameters.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 week ago #214670
by jmilli
Replied by jmilli on topic Cross site scripting vulnerability found in args:
Hopefully you can help. Site lock has de-authorized my site. Another url shows in front of my url when certain products are selected. I assume I need more help from a company that works with hacking, but is there anything else that I can try? Ugh.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 week ago #214704
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Cross site scripting vulnerability found in args:
Hi,
I've checked your website but didn't see any URL issues with the products I tried.
The best, in case you've been hacked, is to contact sucuri: sucuri.net/
I've checked your website but didn't see any URL issues with the products I tried.
The best, in case you've been hacked, is to contact sucuri: sucuri.net/
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.329 seconds