Skip to main content

Image in prod description page is too small

More
15 years 5 months ago #14167 by stlucifernsk
One thing i don't understand is why when I upload 3 product images of 250px by 250px all of them turn up to be 100px by 85px on the product description page?

How can I set them to be of certain size? when displayed on the product description page?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #14178 by momentis
I would check your image settings in HikaShop:

System->Configuration->Files in the Images box

In the image size settings, make sure you do not have anything in the "Image Width" and "Image Height" boxes. If you do, HikaShop will resize to those dimensions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #14193 by nicolas
You can also use CSS to have different width and height for thumbnails at different places: www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/4-how-...duct-page.html#10151

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #14215 by stlucifernsk
Oh yeah i manage to modify the images. Thanks mate.

Since we are on this topic I'm also trying to use jquery-nivo slider to affect the product images but it proved to be quite hard. Anyone have any idea on how I can integrate it seamlessly or is there any other Jquery solutions out there?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #14216 by nicolas
I've no idea about that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #254990 by avonrivercs
I too have an issue with product thumbnail sizes. I have set the thumbnail images to 300 x 300 in the main >images area, the product size to 400 x 400 and the image size to 800 x 800 for the popup. My issue is that when the product list shows, the first 2 products show thumbnail sizes of 300px x 300px scaled to 71px x 71px. Even though the original sizes of the first 2 images are about the same, the second image shows 300px x 300px scaled to 90 x 90px. The third image shows 300 x 300 scaled to 142 x 142px. I have tried deleting all of the images and also all of the thumbnail images off the server, but as soon as I upload them again, they display the same. I don't understand where the scaling is coming from and if I have set some arbitrary field, why are they all displaying different scaling amounts. The URL for the development site is www.leveltec.com.au/level/catalogue/cate...g-tilt-switches.html . I would certainly appreciate some advice here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #254994 by nicolas
Hi,

All the images have a size of 300*300 px on your link.
For example, take a look at this screenshot: take.ms/k2RIT
You can see that the "natural" size of the image is 300*300 but that the CSS of your website resizes the images so that they get resized by the browser based on the space available. So the problem doesn't come from HikaShop.
Add such CSS to prevent that:
Code:
.thumbnail .hikashop_product_image img { max-width: none !important; }
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Jerome. Reason: [code] is nice
The following user(s) said Thank You: avonrivercs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #255045 by avonrivercs
Thank you for that, the css code worked perfectly, this is exactly what I wanted :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum