- Posts: 117
- Thank you received: 0
beginner- how to set up a categories menu
15 years 4 months ago #16614
by sarsells
beginner- how to set up a categories menu was created by sarsells
Hi
This looks like a really amazing product!. However, I am finding all the information a bit overwhelming, and am not sure where to start!
I am setting up a record shop for a friend. It is at www.acrossthetracksrecords.com
I want to have a menu, on the left hand side, that lists the different categories.
At present, on the left it says categories. When this is clicked, a list of catgories appears in the centre panal of the site. I want a list of categries on the left, that when clicked, brigs up the products in tha main part of the page.
I know this is pretty basic, but i am not sure how to achieve it.
Thanks for your help.
Sarah
This looks like a really amazing product!. However, I am finding all the information a bit overwhelming, and am not sure where to start!
I am setting up a record shop for a friend. It is at www.acrossthetracksrecords.com
I want to have a menu, on the left hand side, that lists the different categories.
At present, on the left it says categories. When this is clicked, a list of catgories appears in the centre panal of the site. I want a list of categries on the left, that when clicked, brigs up the products in tha main part of the page.
I know this is pretty basic, but i am not sure how to achieve it.
Thanks for your help.
Sarah
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #16630
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: beginner- how to set up a categories menu
So it's not a menu you want but a module which lists your categories on the left.
The documentation which explains that can be found here: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...ml#categories_module
The documentation which explains that can be found here: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...ml#categories_module
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #16637
by sarsells
Replied by sarsells on topic Re: beginner- how to set up a categories menu
Thank you, I will try it out now.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #16641
by sarsells
Replied by sarsells on topic Re: beginner- how to set up a categories menu
I have tried, but the categories are not showing up on the home page. I have given it a left position in the joomla modules section.
Please can you advise me
Many thanks
[img size=97.5 kb] www.allyoucanbear.com/ebay/picture 7.png[/img]
Please can you advise me
Many thanks
[img size=97.5 kb] www.allyoucanbear.com/ebay/picture 7.png[/img]
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #16656
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: beginner- how to set up a categories menu
Could you do a screenshot of the joomla module options ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #16658
by sarsells
Replied by sarsells on topic Re: beginner- how to set up a categories menu
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #16663
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: beginner- how to set up a categories menu
You need to select 'All' in the "Menu" option.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 4 months ago #16665
by sarsells
Replied by sarsells on topic Re: beginner- how to set up a categories menu
Thank you. That did it.
I now need to style it, but hopefully I will be able to find where to do that.
Kind regards
Sarah
I now need to style it, but hopefully I will be able to find where to do that.
Kind regards
Sarah
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds