Skip to main content

Requiring registration for orders...

More
15 years 1 month ago #22831 by Rollerskate
In a recent Cracked.com article, they complained about websites forcing their visitors to register before they ordered something. I agree. It should be an option, perhaps after an order was placed. One argument might be that you don't want people entering a whole bunch of fake orders and perhaps sending into paypal or something. However, Paypal requires an account, therefor, there shouldn't be a problem with orders with fake payments. The only issue that I can see is that there may be a few fake orders...but that's easy enough to handle and clean up.

So, bottom line, IS there a way to turn off the requirement to register for the site before an order?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #22834 by nicolas
You can change the option "Registration" of the Checkout tab of the configuration to "No registration".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #22836 by Rollerskate
Hm...I see where it should be, but apparently I don't have access to it, and yet it's defaulted to on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #22837 by nicolas
Yes, by default the registration is activated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #22840 by Rollerskate
So, if I wanted to turn it off, I would have to purchase the commercial version?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #22842 by nicolas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #22848 by Rollerskate
Alrighty then. Thanks for the info.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum