- Posts: 164
- Thank you received: 0
charge for file download, without requiring login?
- Rollerskate
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 8 months ago #35438
by Rollerskate
charge for file download, without requiring login? was created by Rollerskate
I have Hika Shop Essentials, (love the carousel) and everything is going great.
Accept...when I tried to add a new product that is just a file download. As of right now, I don't require login in order for my customers to order my products. (I feel this would lessen the amount of total sales).
But, when I tried to add a downloadable product, and completed it to myself, the link in the email sent me to a place that required a login. That worked, however, because I am a user of my own site.
However, it won't work for everyone else.
My question is, is there a way to require registration for individual products, but not all of them?
Accept...when I tried to add a new product that is just a file download. As of right now, I don't require login in order for my customers to order my products. (I feel this would lessen the amount of total sales).
But, when I tried to add a downloadable product, and completed it to myself, the link in the email sent me to a place that required a login. That worked, however, because I am a user of my own site.
However, it won't work for everyone else.
My question is, is there a way to require registration for individual products, but not all of them?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #35460
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: charge for file download, without requiring login?
That's no possible.
But a solution would be to use the "simplified registration" instead of the "no registration" method.
That way, you would have the same fields on the checkout, but an account would be created automatically for your users when they checkout.
But a solution would be to use the "simplified registration" instead of the "no registration" method.
That way, you would have the same fields on the checkout, but an account would be created automatically for your users when they checkout.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Rollerskate
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 164
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 8 months ago #35493
by Rollerskate
Replied by Rollerskate on topic Re: charge for file download, without requiring login?
Ok, thank you. I would like to request that as a feature, to require registration for some products and not others.
Also, the way a file download works right now is that the system waits for the store admin to confirm the order (which is nice because then we can make sure when get paid). But with a paypal integration, I'm wondering if there is a possibility to automatically confirm an order after the system knows that it was paid through paypal.
Also, the way a file download works right now is that the system waits for the store admin to confirm the order (which is nice because then we can make sure when get paid). But with a paypal integration, I'm wondering if there is a possibility to automatically confirm an order after the system knows that it was paid through paypal.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #35528
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: charge for file download, without requiring login?
Hi,
Yes, it's already in the todo list.
Regarding paypal, the order will be confirmed automatically after the payment as paypal sends a notification.
If that doesn't work on your website, it's either that the plugin is not configured properly or because of a setting/restriction of your server:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...or.html#notification
Yes, it's already in the todo list.
Regarding paypal, the order will be confirmed automatically after the payment as paypal sends a notification.
If that doesn't work on your website, it's either that the plugin is not configured properly or because of a setting/restriction of your server:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...or.html#notification
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Rollerskate
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 164
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 8 months ago #35898
by Rollerskate
Replied by Rollerskate on topic Re: charge for file download, without requiring login?
I see the error list, but none of these are what is happening with me.
I'm receiving the notification just fine from Paypal for payment received. I just don't see where HikaShop is receiving it that notification to automatically change an order status from "created" to "confirmed."
I'm receiving the notification just fine from Paypal for payment received. I just don't see where HikaShop is receiving it that notification to automatically change an order status from "created" to "confirmed."
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #35953
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: charge for file download, without requiring login?
It must be one of those. No other user of HikaShop had a that problem without being in one of these cases.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Rollerskate
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 164
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 8 months ago #35975
by Rollerskate
Replied by Rollerskate on topic Re: charge for file download, without requiring login?
I don't really understand. My point is, I DO receive notifications from paypal that they received payment, but I don't see where HikaShop gets that information, and it didn't automatically update the status.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 8 months ago #35977
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: charge for file download, without requiring login?
When a payment is made, paypal sends you an email and then it sends a notification request to HikaShop. Based on that notification, HikaShop validates the order and then sends you a confirmation email too.
If the orders are not confirmed and that you're not receiving the email from HikaShop, it means that the notification request was not received by HikaShop. But since it has been sent by PayPal (there is no reason PayPal wouldn't send it) it means that something is blocking the notification. And that's what this list of possibilities in the documentation is about.
If the orders are not confirmed and that you're not receiving the email from HikaShop, it means that the notification request was not received by HikaShop. But since it has been sent by PayPal (there is no reason PayPal wouldn't send it) it means that something is blocking the notification. And that's what this list of possibilities in the documentation is about.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds