- Posts: 99
- Thank you received: 5
Assign different payment method per product
We would like to have some PRODUCTS use the STANDARD PAYPAL Payment method (plugin) and some OTHER PRODUCTS use a DIFFERENT PAYPAL Method - (a different plugin to go to a different PAYPAL Account)
The reason is because we want to use MICROPAYMENTS on some lower-priced products and SAVE a lot of money on the PayPal Fees
How can we do this?
We have HikaShop Essentials
Thank you in advance!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can indeed do something like that thanks to the restriction system.
You need to have the last Hikashop version (2.2.0), go in your payment method pages and look at the restriction block.
You should then be able to restrict your payment methods to a specific category or for specific prices.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thank you for the speedy reply!
**I had to go to the JOOMLA plugins screen, select the Paypal Payment Plugin for HikaShop, then create a new instance of that plugin via the HikaShop Setting link in the plugin. Then set one up for >$x and the other for <$x.
I just happened to figure this part out and it worked.
Thanks again!
Best,
Tony
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have same issue. I need to set different payment methods to different categories of products.
I have running shop based on version 2.3.1.
However, when I check "Restrictions" under a payment method, there is no possibility to restrict a category.
My screenshot is attached hereto.
Is there a possibility to restrict a payment method to a certain category without upgrading?
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
There is no restriction on product categories because we are not seeing the final goal.
Having such option will display the payment method only if all products are in the good category, if one product is not good so the payment method can't be display/used.
We do not see practical case with such requirements, we can solve them using classical restriction.
So if you have a case which only be solve using that kind of feature, it will help us to understand.
But I think you might be able to solve it without this option.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 116
- Thank you received: 7
We have a problem with accepting check/money order for Event Tickets because sometimes the visitor registers within a day of the event and we can't confirm them without receiving their payment. Our goal is to prevent the shopper from paying with certain methods such as mail-in/check if they are ordering tickets.
I understand that if they mix Product Group A (tangible product) with Group B (virtual/electronic delivery) this would invalidate some of their choices. I guess I was hoping for the similar options in Shipping Methods. That is if a product in their order can't ship a certain way, that shipping method is omitted from their choices.
What I would like to see is that for payment methods. Maybe based on the Sort order of the payment methods available. The logic would check to see if a product (line item) in the order is eligible for each method. If one item won't qualify for a payment method then that method is not offered on checkout. This is somewhat what the shipping logic does (??) and if it can't ship via one method, it isn't offered to the shopper.
So for me, category restriction would make sense. I wouldn't even mind being able to code that within the checkout view myself if I knew what I was doing (if item->isCategory('Electronic') then set flag = TRUE) and then if Electronic Ticket is in the shopping cart, omit or disable/gray out payment option Check...)
To me it would be easy to have a message in the logic that informs that "This payment method is not available for the combination of items in your cart..." and maybe customized messages to split up the cart (save items to wishlist that don't qualify).
Again, that's my thoughts on Product/Category payment restrictions.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You cannot have such restrictions per category of product, but you can do it with warehouses:
You configure your different types of products as warehouses
You set the warehouse of each product
You configure your shipping methods and restrict each one to the corresponding warehouse so that it applies only to the products of that warehouse
That will even allow you to configure different payment methods for different warehouses thanks to the shipping methods restriction of payment methods.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Same issue here.
I have a set of products which can't be paid by payment method iDeal during some time. Also this products can't be send. We want this products can be reserved and people can take them by our shop (these are last minute tickets for a show).
The other products from the shop can be paid by iDeal and send by us.
I have tried the next:
Made 2 manufacturers and put the first group of products in 1 and the second group in the other.
Then I give restrictions on sending methods in each payment method. And then I tried to make restrictions to the sending methods on department stores. But I can only fill in some free text and can't select from the list of manufacturers (like the sending methods in the payment method)?
Is there a solution for my issue. It look likes a normal thing I want.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Nothing.
Please update HikaShop in order to have the warehouse selector instead of the input box.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I upgrade tot Hikashop 2.3.2 and made 2 warehouses. Then I configured some articles to the different warehouses.
But when I want to select the "selection" mode for warehouses in sending methods nothing happens. I click on the selection pencil but there is nothing: no messagge, no second/pop up screen?
What goes wrong? I tried this in 2 browsers (IE11 en FF last version). And when I click on warehouse selection in a procut/article it goes good. Then I have a second/pop up screen and can select one.
UPDATE: I have the selection of warehouse working now. Probably something with the cache in the browser?
But it won't work what I want. So please can you help?
Please read my topic of August 8.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Yes, it's probably a cache issue you had.
Why do you think that it won't work as you want ? Can you provide more information on what you did with the warehouses (screenshots of the products/shipping methods and of the result on the checkout) ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Yes I can give you examples. First let me tell you that I don't expect that in the checkout the payment methods I don't have in a warehouseproduct is there to choose.
I have 2 warehouses: let say wh1 and wh2.
In wh1 there are products that can't be paid be iDeal only be reserved through the (hika)webshop and can be taken away in our office.
In wh2 there are products that can be paid be iDeal and send by post.
So I made a restriction in the sending method 'by post' for only warehouse2 and in the sending method 'take away' for only warehouse1.
Here is one example for 'by post'
Then I set the restrictions for sending methods in the payment methods: iDeal gets restriction only 'by post' and the payment method 'take away/reserve' gets the restriction for 'take away'.
Here is one example for 'iDeal'
At last I set the warehouse in each product. Here is one example:
Hope you can follow this and have the right solution that for some products (take away) the payment method iDeal is not to choose for our clients in the webshop.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I get your example, and all you said about what you did looks good. But you didn't talk about what is the problem with that example ?
You don't get any shipping/payment methods in some cases ? You get more that what you want ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
nicolas wrote: Hi,
I get your example, and all you said about what you did looks good. But you didn't talk about what is the problem with that example ?
You don't get any shipping/payment methods in some cases ? You get more that what you want ?
Hello Nicolas,
OK. In the frontend from the webshop I expect the right payment methods by the article I choose. So if I buy an article from the warehouse where I don't want the payment method iDeal I will not see that payment method in the checkout.
But now I still see all the payment methods (to choose one) in the checkout by all products.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Could you provide a link to the shop and a backend access via our contact form so that we can look at your settings and see what's going on ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I checked your backend. Unfortunately, I was not able to access your HikaShop configuration as the user account you provided was blocked from it.
I couldn't see any shipping methods on your checkout so it could be why it doesn't work properly. I would need to check the settings of the Checkout tab of the HikaShop configuration.
Could you configure the user account so that I could access the HikaShop configuration page ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
nicolas wrote: Hi,
I checked your backend. Unfortunately, I was not able to access your HikaShop configuration as the user account you provided was blocked from it.
I couldn't see any shipping methods on your checkout so it could be why it doesn't work properly. I would need to check the settings of the Checkout tab of the HikaShop configuration.
Could you configure the user account so that I could access the HikaShop configuration page ?
Hello Nicolas,
Excuse me for the wrong user settings. I have set the user now as Super User. So you can see the configuration.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
To restrict products to one shipping method and so to one payment method, you can enable the "use price per product" option in the shipping method parameters.
Then edit the product and for the shipping part, check the blocked checkbox for the not desired shipping method.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
but I have tried the above means to do it, like others pointed out, even after restricted to shipping methods accordingly to warehouses, all payment methods are still shown on the check out page.
My site allows user to buy AlphaUserPoints, and I want to restrict users to use userpoints to purchase products from the site.
I do not want users to purchase userpoints with userpoints.
Can anyone help resolve this?
Thank you very much!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please provide screenshots of your shipping methods options and payment methods options so that we can check how you set them up.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.