Sell "links"

• Thank you received: 0
3 months 2 days ago #361400

Hello! This is a pre-sale question.
I would like to sell online courses that are hosted on another website (but can be embedded via iframe).
I would like the users to:

1. Navigate the catalog of the courses
  2. Select a course and buy it
  3. The course is added to a section called "my courses" where there is a list of courses bought by the user
  4. In this page the user have the link to take the course

optional:
- in the joomla article that explains the course i would like the possibility to ad a "you have already bought this course, click here to take it"
- possibility to edit via override the list of bought courses to open the course link in modal instead of a new page.

Is this possible with hikashop? Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13257
3 months 2 days ago #361402

Hi,

Well, I think there is no problem doing this with HikaShop.
You could create one product for each course in HikaShop. And in each product, you would have the URL of the course as a file of the product under the "Files" area. After the purchase, the user would get a download button for the file of the product. Upon clicking on it, the user would be redirected to the URL of the course. You can also configure a menu item of the type HikaShop User Downloads which would list all the purchased downloads ( www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...nfig.html#main_files ).
So then, you can just change the text of the download button, and maybe some of the texts of the downloads area with translation overrides ( www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify ), so that it matches with your terminology and that downloads become courses.
And if you want to make sure users don't purchase products more than once, you can use the "limit" system in HikaShop:
www.hikashop.com/support/2-uncategorised...limits-tutorial.html
Opening the course in a modal instead of a full page would require a view override of where the download links are displayed.

• Thank you received: 0
3 months 1 day ago #361411

Thanks for your answer. I've considered the "downald link in PDF" but it's not viable because in this way a client can share the link with someone else. With an iframe in the webiste i can set some security measures (like the page visible only embedded from my domain or IP to avoid sharing the link). So it would be great to have something in the "purchased products" view to just show also the "custom field" link or something like that

• Thank you received: 13257
3 months 1 day ago #361415

Hi,

If it's a PDF file, then you can directly upload the file in the Files area. If you have a checkout with registration, the download link will only work when the user is logged in with a user with a purchase for that download. So even if the user shares the download link, others won't be able to use it. They'll be redirected to a login page when trying to use it.

Now, if you want an iframe with the content in it, you would have to add this to Joomla articles.
You could use hkshow tags to restrict the display of the iframe in the article based on whether the current user purchased the corresponding product or not:
www.hikashop.com/home/blog/471-hikashop-4-4-3.html#tags
Something like this:

{hkshow bough="xx"}
<iframe ....>
</iframe>
{/hkshow}
where xx would be the id or the code of the product.
And if you wanted to have a listing of all the purchased courses you could have a Joomla article with all the iframe tags with hkshow tags around them. That way, only the iframe for bought products would appear on the page.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds