Captcha - cannot verify not a robot

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 8 months ago #247333

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.alnaturalhealth.com/test2/index.php/...o-shopping/user/form
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firefox 27.0.1

Hi, I have seached the forums etc and cannot resolve this. Whenever I try to register on my checkout the captcha is resolved OK but get an error "
" Error
Could not verify that you are not a robot"

I have set the captcha in the joomla settings to none, and allow registration to yes. disabled the joomla captcha plug in and enabled the hika shop captcha v2.

Am at a dead end, can anyone please help.

Much appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13081
7 years 8 months ago #247334

Hi,

There is no such error message in HikaShop or the Recaptcha plugin.
Looking online for that error message it looks like this error comes from the K2 extension:
take.ms/h8f6q
So I suppose that you must have some K2 captcha plugin activated and it tries itself to validate the captcha of HikaShop.

7 years 8 months ago #247385

Thank you nicolas. I confirmed it has to do with K2 by finding the language .ini file involved on my server and changing the wording of the message. I have disabled spam protection on on K2, there are on plugins I can find but have disabled K2 plugins and disabled comments all to no avail. If it is a K2 issue I guess will try to take it up with them.
If there is any other suggestions they are welcome.

Thank you for your help.

7 years 8 months ago #247408

For others with K2 on their site. With a little experimenting I found you can still have Google captcha enabled for K2 comments and have the Hikashop captcha v2 enabled if you disable the User - K2 plug in so the users are not synchonized.

7 years 8 months ago #247392

Hi,

Well, there is no reason that K2 would display that error when you try to register with HikaShop. I think they should either add a whitelist of places where it's possible to display the K2 captcha and process its answer, or a blacklist of such places where they shouldn't process anything (and put HikaShop in it), or support the HikaShop registration so that their captcha is displayed on the HikaShop registration form (and thus you wouldn't use HikaShop's catpcha in that case).
But I don't see what we can do in HikaShop to prevent that. I guess you'll have to check with them what they propose.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ecomian

7 years 8 months ago #247474

Thank you Nicolas. I think it will work for me the way I have it set. I guess it is one of those things that happens with differant extentions on a site.

I understand that you cannot do anything about it. You have been very helpfull. This is the best forum I have found as far as getting a reponse and realy solving a problem.

I might mention it to the K2 forum point them to this thread if that is OK with you.

7 years 8 months ago #247481

Hi,

Thank you. It sure is OK, yes !

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds