- Posts: 139
- Thank you received: 10
Instructions for buyer about discount code and where to enter it?
8 years 8 months ago #285801
by paurray
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3
-- PHP version -- : PHP 7.1.7 .
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Opera
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : N/A
Hi HikaShop Team
I have set up a Coupon here: Hika Shop>Orders>Coupons
In my case a “SHOPLAUNCH2018” coupon for the product MFX.1
And under “Discount Features”
I have set “Auto load in cart if possible” to Yes.
Is there any way to:
a) display this discount code during the check out process.
b) add some instructions such as enter the code to get discount
thanks
Paul
ps I can see the discount kicking in here in screen shot 01
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3
-- PHP version -- : PHP 7.1.7 .
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Opera
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : N/A
Hi HikaShop Team
I have set up a Coupon here: Hika Shop>Orders>Coupons
In my case a “SHOPLAUNCH2018” coupon for the product MFX.1
And under “Discount Features”
I have set “Auto load in cart if possible” to Yes.
Is there any way to:
a) display this discount code during the check out process.
b) add some instructions such as enter the code to get discount
thanks
Paul
ps I can see the discount kicking in here in screen shot 01
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 8 months ago #285804
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Instructions for buyer about discount code and where to enter it?
Hello,
Just edit your checkout workflow to add the "coupon" block.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...ml#checkout_workflow
Afterwards, you can still see to override the view if you want to customize its display and add some content/text.
Regards,
Just edit your checkout workflow to add the "coupon" block.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...ml#checkout_workflow
Afterwards, you can still see to override the view if you want to customize its display and add some content/text.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 8 months ago #285842
by paurray
Replied by paurray on topic Instructions for buyer about discount code and where to enter it?
Hi Jerome
That is a big help.
Only minor problem is that the formatting gets messed up.
i.e. the prices are not aligned vertically!?!
Please see screen shot.
Any ideas how to remedy this?
thanks
Paul
ps I have tested in 2 browsers!
That is a big help.
Only minor problem is that the formatting gets messed up.
i.e. the prices are not aligned vertically!?!
Please see screen shot.
Any ideas how to remedy this?
thanks
Paul
ps I have tested in 2 browsers!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 8 months ago #285845
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Instructions for buyer about discount code and where to enter it?
Hi,
Please switch to the default template of Joomla. Do you have the same issue with it ?
If no, then the issue comes from a template view override which has a bug.
If yes, please provide precise instructions to reproduce the issue and a screenshot of the settings of your coupon and your checkout so that we can look at the situation.
Please switch to the default template of Joomla. Do you have the same issue with it ?
If no, then the issue comes from a template view override which has a bug.
If yes, please provide precise instructions to reproduce the issue and a screenshot of the settings of your coupon and your checkout so that we can look at the situation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #285864
by paurray
Replied by paurray on topic Instructions for buyer about discount code and where to enter it?
Hi Nicolas
The only other template I have installed is for mobiles.
I switched and you can see the same problem.
If I had to take a guess I would say that the “Finish” button is some how messing things up!
Here are the contents of the custom css file for my desktop template
I do not believe there is any thing unusual in there.
The file is here: joomla install/templates/vanilla/css/custom.css
And here are the instructions to replicate this issue:
Go here and login:
www.finalbug.net/login-here
examplethree
examplethree
Then go here:
www.finalbug.net/store-final-cut-pro-x-training
And click “Add to Cart”
And you will see the formatting weirdness
kindly advise
Paul
The only other template I have installed is for mobiles.
I switched and you can see the same problem.
If I had to take a guess I would say that the “Finish” button is some how messing things up!
Here are the contents of the custom css file for my desktop template
Code:
/* to hide the video duration on all ES pages with small video thumbnails */
body #es .es-card__video-time {
display: none !important;
}
* adjust the height from the quick registration pop up */
body #es .es-register-box__form-dialog {
max-height: 455px;
}
body #es .es-register-box {
height: 500px;
}
.nav-pills > li.active > a, .nav-pills > li.active > a:focus, .nav-pills > li.active > a:hover {
background-color: #2bb673;
}
.sp-module ul > li {
border-bottom: 1px solid #2bb673;
}
I do not believe there is any thing unusual in there.
The file is here: joomla install/templates/vanilla/css/custom.css
And here are the instructions to replicate this issue:
Go here and login:
www.finalbug.net/login-here
examplethree
examplethree
Then go here:
www.finalbug.net/store-final-cut-pro-x-training
And click “Add to Cart”
And you will see the formatting weirdness
kindly advise
Paul
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by paurray.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #285904
by Philip
Replied by Philip on topic Instructions for buyer about discount code and where to enter it?
Hello,
Thanks to my navigator inspector tool I analyse your Css code :
1°) You have create some custom in your Frontend Css
2°) I find a Css command that "erase" a column in your Cart total and so, necessarily that create an offset, see my screenshot :
I'm not sure what you want achieved with this command, but I advice you to apply it only on text, and not the whole "block".
Regards
Thanks to my navigator inspector tool I analyse your Css code :
1°) You have create some custom in your Frontend Css
2°) I find a Css command that "erase" a column in your Cart total and so, necessarily that create an offset, see my screenshot :
I'm not sure what you want achieved with this command, but I advice you to apply it only on text, and not the whole "block".
Regards
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Philip.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #285913
by paurray
Replied by paurray on topic Instructions for buyer about discount code and where to enter it?
Hi Philip
That makes 2 of us!?!
I am very sorry for any confusion from my side but I have no idea what this code is about!
The only thing I can think of is that I had a developer doing some stuff for me:
But honestly I have not got a clue!?!
Maybe you have some ideas?
Can you help me to change this code so that the the formating works here?
If possible with out breaking anything else!?!
thanks
Paul
ps are you talking about code here, please see screen shot?
Code:
I'm not sure what you want achieved with this command, but I advice you to apply it only on text, and not the whole "block"
That makes 2 of us!?!
I am very sorry for any confusion from my side but I have no idea what this code is about!
The only thing I can think of is that I had a developer doing some stuff for me:
- Making the Login/Register button go to Easy Social and not Joomla
Going to the Fast Spring Contextual Store via a dedicated Plugin
Putting people who purchased an item in Hika Shop in an Easy Social Group!
But honestly I have not got a clue!?!
Maybe you have some ideas?
Can you help me to change this code so that the the formating works here?
If possible with out breaking anything else!?!
thanks
Paul
ps are you talking about code here, please see screen shot?
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by paurray.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 8 months ago #285917
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Instructions for buyer about discount code and where to enter it?
Hi,
It's something else. Probably regarding the customization of the cart display.
As Philippe said, just remove that code from the frontend CSS (click on the edit icon for the option you point at in your screenshot) and that will make the prices display properly.
It's something else. Probably regarding the customization of the cart display.
As Philippe said, just remove that code from the frontend CSS (click on the edit icon for the option you point at in your screenshot) and that will make the prices display properly.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 8 months ago #285992
by paurray
Replied by paurray on topic Instructions for buyer about discount code and where to enter it?
Hi Hika Shop Team
OK this coding business is still a mystery to me.
So I searched the “Front-end CSS File” file here:
HikaShop>Configuration>Display>CSS Option
for:
And I get one hit on line 23.
Here is line 22-29
Not exactly what you posted. But hell what would I know about code.
Any way I got to thinking.
Somehow this must have been related to this here:
www.hikashop.com/forum/content-creation/...heck-out-module.html
And then I took what for me is a wild guess and removed:
et Voila please see screen shot
Coding is a mystery to me.
Thank you for your patience.
best
Paul
OK this coding business is still a mystery to me.
So I searched the “Front-end CSS File” file here:
HikaShop>Configuration>Display>CSS Option
for:
Code:
.hikashop_cart_title
And I get one hit on line 23.
Here is line 22-29
Code:
/* TEMP FIX hide image title for product TEMP FIX */
.hikashop_cart_title{ display:none; }
.hika_edit { background-color:#f9f9f9; padding:4px; }
.hk_right{
text-align: right;
}
Not exactly what you posted. But hell what would I know about code.
Any way I got to thinking.
Code:
/* TEMP FIX hide image title for product TEMP FIX */
Somehow this must have been related to this here:
www.hikashop.com/forum/content-creation/...heck-out-module.html
And then I took what for me is a wild guess and removed:
Code:
/* TEMP FIX hide image title for product TEMP FIX */
.hikashop_cart_title{ display:none; }
et Voila please see screen shot
Coding is a mystery to me.
Thank you for your patience.
best
Paul
The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds