Hikashop Currency Module won't show discounts at checkout

• Thank you received: 1
2 months 1 week ago #361805

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.1.0
-- Joomla version -- : 4.4.4

Hello,

On my checkout page I have two modules showing, the cart and the currency switcher.

When someone clicks on my link containing a discount, which looks like this : index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=updatecart&quantity=1&cid=1&Itemid=672&coupon=WELCOME

The welcome coupon is a 50% reduction on the full price.

After clicking they are automatically taken to the cart page with the discount properly displayed. Unfortunately, the cart module doesn't seem to show that a coupon is applied, even after selecting the option in the module configuration...

Now the customer clicks on the currency switcher module to change the currency to Euros.

The page is refreshed, but the price in the cart is now the full price in the new currency, without the discount applied.

I have to manually refresh the page to have the discount applied with the new currency. But my customer might think the discount has gone away by him changing the currency.

So I'd like to have the currency switcher module work with the discount code.

How do I have the currency switcher module apply the discount automatically at the checkout page?

Thanks,
Brett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13257
2 months 1 week ago #361806

Hi,

Could you provide a screenshot of the settings of your cart module ? I'm thinking that the coupon value missing from the cart module display is a specific combination of settings leading to this.

I don't see why the cart wouldn't include the coupon on the refreshed page after changing the currency.
Could you provide the URL of the shop so that we could reproduce the issue in order to check what's going on ?

2 months 1 week ago #361807

Hi Nicolas,

Here is the information you requested:
The link to the shop is www.japprendslaguitare.ca/produits but I have hidden the add to cart button.
The cart link with the discount coupons is on the sales page at www.japprendslaguitare.ca/programmes/japprends-la-guitare-101
The link the user will click on to add the product is www.japprendslaguitare.ca/index.php?opti...coupon=RBIENVENUE101
This coupon is for half off the regular price and the Coupon Free Product adds a free bonus.
The discount amount is set to half the full price (46,58 €) which displays in dollars as 68.50CAD. So far so good.
Switch the currency to euros using the module however, and suddenly the full price is displayed (93,16 €) but refresh the page and the coupon will be applied and the cart module will show the discounted price in euros.
I have attached a screenshot of my hikashop cart module options as requested.
Thank you & looking forward to your help.
-Brett

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13257
2 months 4 days ago #361853

Hi,

Thanks for the details. So I've looked into it for a while and I found out that you're using the multicoupon plugin. I was able to somehow reproduce the issue on local with it. After spending several hours on this, I've been able to make a complex fix on it.
I've published a new version of the plugin :
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/164...coupon-checkout.html
I also had to add a patch in HikaShop. So, you'll have to download the install package of HikaShop 5.1.0 on our website and install it again on yours in order to get the patch.

The following user(s) said Thank You: brettv

2 months 4 days ago #361870

It works now. Merci beaucoup!

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds