Skip to main content

Virtual7Downloadable products

More
11 years 8 months ago #186486 by Butlerweb
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

Hi there
Im trying to create a new group of virtual products consisting of MP3's and movies. But I don't want the customers to be able to se the true URL. Preferable a URL that is time limited, but this isn't a necessity.

BUT... I can't figure out how! When I try I can only send the TRUE URL to the customer as a link, and that enables them to forward the e-mail and "share" the product.

How do I create the random URL for the products?

Brgds. Jacob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #186490 by Jerome
Hi,

When you use files in products ; these files are send by HikaShop.
It means that the url will be an HikaShop url and the system will check that the user has right buy the product in order to send him the file.
So the system does not work if you specify an URL ; because HikaShop after his checks will redirect the customer to the specify url and the customer will be able to retrieve final path.
HikaShop is also compatible with "x-send" which is a special feature of some web servers ; it allow to send big files without providing the final URL to the customer.

We added the support of mod_xsendfile so that HikaShop can send its files via mod_xsendfile and avoid issues with big files and serve files faster

www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ashop-changelog.html

Otherwise it is possible using a custom plugin to generate dynamically the URL.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...onBeforeDownloadFile
I used that trigger some times ago for a plugin to to add the support of "lighttpd secure download".

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Butlerweb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #187312 by Butlerweb
OK, I was able to create the products and they work great with an obscured URL.
However some of the files are video files with a size of app. 1 Gb. I can't upload them via the backend, so I upload them via FTP. No problem, but... when I want to add file and sets file mode and enter the true file path and presses OK I receive a white/blank screen.

Why the blank screen?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #187320 by Jerome
Hi,

The blank screen is because the system does not allow the file path due to some security checks.
See; www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...-product.html#186480

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #187502 by Butlerweb
Hi Jerome

I have changed the following acc. to your link ( www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...-product.html#186480 ). But it makes my entire screen go white when I go to products in backend :blush:
See line 419:
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Code:
/*$config =& hikashop_config(); $clean_filename = JPath::clean($file->file_path); $secure_path = $config->get('uploadsecurefolder'); if((JPATH_ROOT != '') && strpos($clean_filename, JPath::clean(JPATH_ROOT)) !== 0 && strpos($clean_filename, JPath::clean($secure_path)) !== 0) return false;*/ if(substr($file->file_path, 0, 7) != 'http://' && substr($file->file_path, 0, 8) != 'https://') { $config =& hikashop_config(); $clean_filename = JPath::clean($file->file_path); $secure_path = $config->get('uploadsecurefolder'); if((JPATH_ROOT != '') && strpos($clean_filename, JPath::clean(JPATH_ROOT)) !== 0 && strpos($clean_filename, JPath::clean($secure_path)) !== 0) return false;
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Jerome. Reason: [code] is nice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #187525 by Xavier
Hi,

Please set the Joomla error reporting level to "maximum" it will display a php error, and this will give us more informations.
The issue is potentially coming from a missing ending tag "}".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum