SEO for google

• Thank you received: 8
  • Hikashop Business
2 months 3 weeks ago #361480

Good morning.
I understand that at Hikashop you are aware that Google is giving more and more importance to paid searches.
There are also (for some searches) some results that show products with their description and price.
My intention is to improve my positions in these product results.
To do this, I would like to know if in Hika it is advisable to put content in each of the characteristics of the same product.
And if it is recommended, I would like to do it in the description section or in the custom fields section, knowing that if it is put in the description field the general description of the product will be hidden when the user selects this option.
Anyway, I want to improve the product/feature SEO and I want to know which is the best option in Hika.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13257
2 months 3 weeks ago #361481

Hi,

If you provide the same text in the description of the variants as the text in the description of the main product, then there is no point.
If you provide different text because each variant of the product requires a different description, then HikaShop's microdata for the product will provide these different texts along with the variants. So it's worth doing it as it can improve your SEO.
You'll need to make sure the "include variants" option is activated in the settings of the google products plugin.

• Hikashop Business
2 months 3 weeks ago #361489

If it is a different description of the variants, is it better to do it in the description field or in the custom fields section?
Or is it indifferent to Google?

2 months 3 weeks ago #361490

Hi,

Custom product fields won't be added to the structured data search engines can easily crawl. It's better to do it in the description field.

• Hikashop Business
2 months 3 weeks ago #361507

Thanks!!

• Hikashop Business
2 months 3 weeks ago #361522

Hi Nicolas.
Seeing your recommendations, I have a question.
It's probably something minor, but I'd like your opinion on it.
By default in Hikashop you must always indicate a default variant (or characteristic) to be shown in the first position.
Thus, when a page loads, the complete description, let's say, would correspond to the overall product.
If I want to put an alternative description to the variant that I set by default, this description will cause the global description of the product to not be seen.
There is the option of putting some additional information from the first variant in custom fields, but as you told me, that "is not read by Google" as structured data.
What can you do about it?
Or let's say that we have to "sacrifice" the first variant of each article?

2 months 3 weeks ago #361523

Hi,

You could indeed sacrifice the first variant's description. Or you could create an extra variant "please select", without a description, so that it would use the main product's.
Another option would be to modify the product / show_default view file, and change the code $this->element->product_description to $this->element->main->product_description
This way, the view would display the main product description by default.

• Hikashop Business
2 months 3 weeks ago #361526

Hi.
I have tried putting a "Select".
The problem is that it says unavailable and the option to add to your order continues to appear.

Attachments:

2 months 3 weeks ago #361527

Hi,

I don't know why that would be.
Could it be a view override issue ?
Could you try with the default template of Joomla ?
How is the variant configured ? Could you provide a screenshot ?

How about using instead the last solution I proposed with a view modification ?

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds