• Thank you received: 0
9 years 9 months ago #162797

-- url of the page with the problem -- : mywebsite.com/mypage
-- HikaShop version -- :
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.1
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox latest
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message

Is there a clear documentation on how the Wait list works. I have looked under Documentation but this does not give me a clear understanding of the whole process.

I have got the waitlist up and running on our website and I can see the list of customers that have asked to wait for stock. However I cannot see how to notify them when that stock comes in. other than doing it manually.
Is there a function that will email them as soon as I put stock into a certain product that they are waiting for?
Can I also suggest that you put a field in the edit product page that tells the web owner that there are people waiting for this product. Preferably this should be adjacent to the quantity on hand so it can easily be seen when entering stock Then maybe you could have a button asking whether you want the people notified or not.

It seems that from reading on the forum that the system emails them at regular intervals but I cannot get any info more than that.
For example: Does it email them every week to say "its still not in yet?" or only when there is stock?
Is there a way around this that I can choose when to send a notification?
Also, what if 10 people are waiting for something and only 3 come in?
Also, What if a client needs 3 products all at once: i.e. a guitar, strings and case. Can you link products together to the system to notify them?

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 9 months ago #162802

Another thing that would be useful is having an option for an email notification to the web owner to tell them that a customer has put something on the waitlist.

• Thank you received: 13069
9 years 9 months ago #162833

Hi,

We tried to automate the system as much as possible. The goal is that you don't have to manage the waitlist. For the notifications to work, you need to first setup the cron in the configuration of Hikashop and also that the waitlist plugin is enabled via the joomla plugins manager.
The plugin will then check regularly for the waitlist and see if it needs to notify someone and will do it for you. The periodicity can be configured in the frequency option of the plugin.
To do that check it will look at the quantity of the products and if he sees a product with a quantity for which people are waiting it will notify them. The send limit allows you to set a number of people notified for each trigger of the plugin.
So if you have a periodicity of 2h, a send limit of 2, and 20 persons waiting and you set a quantity of 10.
The system will notify two 2 persons every two hours until either the product quantity reaches 0 or that there is no one left to notify among these 20 persons.

9 years 9 months ago #162988

This may be even more complicated than I require.
I really just want to be able to put items back into stock and then push a button to say Tell everyone on the waitlist and then its first come first served. Am I missing some potential downfall to this way of thinking? Or that it triggers automatically as soon as I put stock into an item that someone is waiting for. Just tells them and then they know.
Obviously the biggest value to me is to be able to see what people are wanting and prepared to wait for.

Question: How does someone get off the Waitlist? Only when they purchase the product ?

• Thank you received: 13069
9 years 9 months ago #162993

No no, it's not more complicated, it's more simple.
You don't need to click on a button to send the notifications once you add the quantity. The notifications are sent automatically as the system detects that you added new stock.
So that's what you're describing.

But yes, there is no list to see who wants what in your shop. That's something we want to add in the future.

To get off the waitlist, there is nothing to do. Once the notification email has been sent to the user, he is removed.

9 years 5 months ago #179485

Ok Nicolas
I have had the waitlist for quite some time now and I'm enjoying its functionality but it is not doing what you said it should do. Possibly I need to set something up better.

I have numerous people on the waitlist and it has helped me tremendously in putting orders together on my suppliers. However, it is not emailing people when the stock comes in. I have a shipment landing very soon and decided to test the system. So I put my name on the waitlist for an obscure item, and then I put one into stock. I saw on the Cron that it operates every hour and so waited the hour but - NO EMAIL!

Now how do I sort this out? Could you give me a detailed explanation of sorting all of this out.
I have found the Hikashop WaitList notification Plugin but I'm not really sure what it does or how to use it.

Lastly, How do I edit what the automated email says to my clients when it is sent? Can I put a logo in it? Contact details? Does it remind them what the product was that they were waiting for? Does it show them a price and give them a link?
It would have helped if I could have seen the default but it won't send it to me.
Thank you for your assistance in advance.

9 years 5 months ago #179489

I have checked that the Hikashop WaitList notification Plugin is activated. It is.
What does the " Period" refer to?
Also it says Last update was 1404477666. What is that ? Some sort of date format? I attach a screenshot.

I have then also gone to the cron configuration (System -> Configuration->Cron
But I notice here that it says that the next Run Time is 6 months ago !!!!!!????? i.e. 04 July 2014 14:56
Is this the problem? How do I fix it?

I have included a screen shot - please bear in mind today's date is 13 November 2014.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 5 months ago #179538

Hi,

Your cron task was not right configured in your server and it was forcing a redirectin to your homepage.
So our system, after several iterations (during several days), have finally save your home page as the cron trigger url.
Since that day, your homepage is called every 15 minutes instead of the cron trigger url.

I fixed it in our server, please be sure that your cron url can be right called otherwise the same trouble will happen.

About your points.
1 - the period is the time between to trigger calls for the plugins. This value is in seconds.
2 - the strange value is a timestamp ; it indicate the time when you have been trigger for the last time.
3 - if you see that you are no more called for the cron task ; please check that the url is working and click on the button "create/edit your cron task" to update the url in our server.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

9 years 5 months ago #179565

So the CRON URL should have been www.airsoft-hq.co.za/shop/index.php?opti...m_hikashop&ctrl=cron ?
Was that the problem?

Can you also tell me:
How do I edit what the automated email says to my clients when it is sent? Can I put a logo in it? Contact details?

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 5 months ago #179659

Hi,

Yes, the CRON URL you wrote is the right one.
You can also create a cron task in your server in order to call this url yourself.
All is explained in the cron task documentation :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ashop-cron-task.html

About the email, it is an email like the other HikaShop mails.
You can find the email under : media/com_hikashop/mail/waitlist_notification.html.php
And you can override it like the other HikaShop mails.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds