User activation fails

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
3 months 1 week ago #361886

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 4.4.5
-- PHP version -- : 8.0

Hi

I have the Business version of HikaShop installed. In Joomla I have set activation for new users. When they get the activation mail, it contains a link to HikaShop, that does not work.

I have tried to figure out what happens here, but I could use a littel advice. I expected the activation process to be controlled by Joomla, but it looks like it is redirecting to HikaShop on this link - index.php?option=com_hikashop&Itemid=117&ctrl=checkout&task=activate_page

Any ideas ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13318
3 months 1 week ago #361888

Hi,

This URL is the URL of the page the customer sees after clicking on the "register" button. It displays a message explaining to the customer that they need to click on the URL sent to them by email.

The activation URL in the email is also a HikaShop URL. When you click on that link, the browser of the user will open a page with the URL index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=user&task=activate&activation=1...
On this page, HikaShop will first make sure that the registration and activation are possible based on the settings of the Joomla user manager. Then, it will call the Joomla user model to activate the user, with code like this:

$model = $this->getModel('Registration', 'UsersModel',array(),true);
		$language = JFactory::getLanguage();
		$language->load('com_users', JPATH_SITE, $language->getTag(), true);
		if($model)
			$result = $model->activate($activation);
If the activation is successful, it will display a success message and potentially redirect somewhere else (for example, if you registered from the checkout of HikaShop, it will redirect you back to the checkout so that you can proceed to your purchase).
If the activation fails for some reason, it will display an error message, which should explain what the problem is.
You're saying that the activation fails. What error message did you get then ?

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
3 months 1 week ago #361895

The URL does not work - in the sense that it does not show, nor does it show a 404 - it just redirects to the frontpage and nothing else happens - so the user is not activated and hence cannot login. I have a feeling that it is a redirection issue, but I am not sure, where to look anymore.

Update: I disabled Search Engine Friendly URLs and Use URL Rewriting - Then the link works. When I enable them again - it fails. Very strange, I cannot see anything in my .htaccess that should do this.

Last edit: 3 months 1 week ago by WebmasterRD.

• Thank you received: 13318
3 months 1 week ago #361897

Hi,

It's not necessarily a problem with the htaccess. It could be with a SEF extension or a system plugin interfering for some reason, like if it is looking for a specific text in the URL, and by chance, the activation URL has that parameter, but when SEF is turned off, it doesn't find the text it's looking for in the URL as the URL is different.

I guess we would need more precise information. Could you provide an example of an activation URL with SEF on, and one with SEF off.
And could you please not use the one with SEF off so that we can use it in order to look at the redirects with the developer tools of our browser ? We might be able to figure out something out of this.
Otherwise it would require a backend and a FTP access in order to dig into the issue.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds