• Thank you received: 3
2 months 2 days ago #362814

-- url of the page with the problem -- : dev.shangshungpublications.com/
-- HikaShop version -- : 5.1.0
-- Joomla version -- : 5.1.2
-- PHP version -- : 8.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : All

Hi,
I've set the Hikashop configuration with "Online check" on "VAT number check" option.
if I make a registration with a fake VAT generated with this site www.generate-vat-number.com/ , Hikashop permits my registration with this error message:

The VAT number you entered is not valid
Your account has been created and an activation link has been sent to the e-mail address you entered. Note that you must activate the account by clicking on the activation link in the e-mail that you receive before you can login.

Is it possible to block the registration if the VAT number is not valid?
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13330
2 months 2 days ago #362817

Hi,

Note that it seems that you're using HikaShop 5.0.4, not the 5.1.0

I was able to reproduce the issue on your website, however, when I try on my local test website with HikaShop 5.1.0, I'm not able to reproduce the problem. I do get blocked when the VAT number is invalid.

So the first thing I would recommend is updating your HikaShop. And if that still doesn't help, we'll need a backend and a FTP access in order to check things out.

1 month 4 weeks ago #362849

Hi,
I've update the Hikashop version to 5.1.0. I've the same problem. I've made a registration with a fake VAT and I've received the same error message.

The VAT number you entered is not valid
Your account has been created and an activation link has been sent to the e-mail address you entered. Note that you must activate the account by clicking on the activation link in the e-mail that you receive before you can login.

1 month 4 weeks ago #362850

Hi,

As I said, I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my local website with HikaShop 5.1.0.
We'll need to investigate directly on your website.
Please provide a backend access and a FTP access via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

1 month 4 weeks ago #362852

Hi,

Thanks for the accesses.

So the "VAT number not valid" message is displayed by 4 pieces of code in HikaShop. Two in the administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/user.php and two in administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/vat.php
You can search for them with the translation key "VAT_NUMBER_NOT_VALID".
With the FTP access you provided, I've added a writeToLog call in each of these places. This is supposed to add some debug information in the "payment log file" of HikaShop, available in the "Files" section of the HikaShop configuration page in the backend.
I've run a test after this, and nothing came up in the log.
I made sure that I was editing the files of the correct website by temporarily adding an echo to the main index.php file.
So either this "VAT number not valid" message is not displayed by HikaShop but something else on your website, like a custom plugin, or the PHP files are cached and the code changes are not yet taken into account (which shouldn't be the case, since the change in the index.php was taken into account directly ).
I saw a coopweb plugin installed which isn't something standard. I wanted to look at its code but it seems I got banned from the FTP server for some reason. So I had to stop my debugging.

1 month 4 weeks ago #362858

Hi,
you are not yet banned, now you can login in via FTP. Thank you

1 month 3 weeks ago #362866

Hi,
I've tried in a test site with only installed Joomla 5.1.4 and Hikashop 5.1.0 and I've got the same issue. I can register a user with a fake VAT number generated with this site www.generate-vat-number.com/

1 month 1 week ago #363235

Hi, any news about this issue. It's very urgent!

• Thank you received: 638
1 month 1 week ago #363244

Hello,

There are something that blocking us in many ways, first the debbuging is very difficult and even maybe impossible, maybe due to the "coopweb" plugin.
And now, when I try to reach your plugins manager I get this :

Coopweb or another plugin, so far we don't know... But we're still stuck with something really unusual

All this means that progress on your problem is really not easy, see perhaps this has a link with the very cause of the problem?
Please, desactivate coopweb plugin and any any uneceeseray plugin that can impact the whole backend process or we will obviously achieve nothing...

Sorry for this late returns.
Regards

Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by Philip.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds