- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
HOWTO free shipping for orders over $100.
12 years 10 months ago #130333
by karenann
HOWTO free shipping for orders over $100. was created by karenann
How would I do free shipping for orders over $100? Thanks!
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2 Essential
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- :
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2 Essential
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- :
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 10 months ago #130374
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic HOWTO free shipping for orders over $100.
Hi,
You'll be able to do it by using a coupon which will have the value of your shipping price, so :
1. If you have a fix shipping price, you'll be able to do that by creating a coupon and by setting :
- TheMinimum order value option to 100
- The Auto load in cart if possible (commercial editions of HikaShop) to YES
2. Else, you'll be able to do that by using this Joomla extension .
You'll be able to do it by using a coupon which will have the value of your shipping price, so :
1. If you have a fix shipping price, you'll be able to do that by creating a coupon and by setting :
- TheMinimum order value option to 100
- The Auto load in cart if possible (commercial editions of HikaShop) to YES
2. Else, you'll be able to do that by using this Joomla extension .
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #130518
by karenann
Replied by karenann on topic HOWTO free shipping for orders over $100.
Thanks Mohamed, that is useful information.
Shipping costs are not fixed, they vary by distance travelled (and weight and dimensions). I am in Canada and Canada is very large country so shipping can be hundreds or frequently thousands of kilometers.
The coupon feature is a nice idea, but my thinking is have the shipping cost determined then discounted, or shipping cost could be set at $0 for total in shopping cart exceeding $100. (this is my set value).
What do you think?
Shipping costs are not fixed, they vary by distance travelled (and weight and dimensions). I am in Canada and Canada is very large country so shipping can be hundreds or frequently thousands of kilometers.
The coupon feature is a nice idea, but my thinking is have the shipping cost determined then discounted, or shipping cost could be set at $0 for total in shopping cart exceeding $100. (this is my set value).
What do you think?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #130539
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic HOWTO free shipping for orders over $100.
Hi,
Please forget the Mohamed's answer.
You have to use the restrictions on the shipping methods.
You can set a minimum and a maximum price for the shipping method configuration.
So, you will have one (or more) "no-free" shipping method with a maximum price restriction
And a "free" shipping method with a minimum price restriction.
Regards,
Please forget the Mohamed's answer.
You have to use the restrictions on the shipping methods.
You can set a minimum and a maximum price for the shipping method configuration.
So, you will have one (or more) "no-free" shipping method with a maximum price restriction
And a "free" shipping method with a minimum price restriction.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 4 months ago #240835
by Vanni
Replied by Vanni on topic HOWTO free shipping for orders over $100.
Hi,
Good job!
Thank you for your valuable work.
I found this post perfect for what I need, but I have a need for more (I am using Joomla 3.4.8 - Hikashop Business 2.6.2):
just a group must be able to get the free shipping method, and only if the amount exceeds € 100.
How can I configure these options?
Thank you for your time.
Good job!
Thank you for your valuable work.
I found this post perfect for what I need, but I have a need for more (I am using Joomla 3.4.8 - Hikashop Business 2.6.2):
just a group must be able to get the free shipping method, and only if the amount exceeds € 100.
How can I configure these options?
Thank you for your time.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 4 months ago #240840
by Vanni
Replied by Vanni on topic HOWTO free shipping for orders over $100.
Hi again,
I solved, you can consider my request, canceled.
If it can help someone, I point out here the solution:
- I created a specific group "Distributors" which is empowered to receive free shipping if the amount exceeds € 100
- I configured the access level for an ordinary shipping (non-free) for all groups, except for Distributors
- I created a new shipping method and named "Special Ordinary Shipping" (non-free) with restricted access to the group level Distributors and I set the Restriction with a maximum price to 100
- I created a new shipping method and named "Special Free Shipping" (free) with restricted access to the group level Distributors and I set the Restriction with a minumum price to 100
It work great!
Thank you!
Bye
I solved, you can consider my request, canceled.
If it can help someone, I point out here the solution:
- I created a specific group "Distributors" which is empowered to receive free shipping if the amount exceeds € 100
- I configured the access level for an ordinary shipping (non-free) for all groups, except for Distributors
- I created a new shipping method and named "Special Ordinary Shipping" (non-free) with restricted access to the group level Distributors and I set the Restriction with a maximum price to 100
- I created a new shipping method and named "Special Free Shipping" (free) with restricted access to the group level Distributors and I set the Restriction with a minumum price to 100
It work great!
Thank you!
Bye
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds