- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 2
Multiple Coupons
- elucidbusiness
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 8 months ago #141108
by elucidbusiness
Multiple Coupons was created by elucidbusiness
-- url of the page with the problem -- : not in production
-- HikaShop version -- : Business 2.1.2
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.14
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 26
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : N/A
Hi
I've been given the task of creating an online store for one of my clients. HikaShop Business suits their needs in every area except one: multiple coupons.
My client needs (yes needs, not wants) the ability to do the following:
-- Club members get a 5% discount
-- Each month a newsletter is sent with a sheet of coupon codes for certain products. This should override the 5% discount for that item.
-- First Tuesday of each month, club members get a 15% discount. Newsletter coupons should only apply if discount is > 15%
Now, I've read in other posts that HikaShop doesn't currently have functionality to handle multiple coupons. I believe this is something that others would want, not just me.
How much will it cost to make this feature a priority? We can probably operate for a few months with 5% and 15% coupons, however we will need to have the ability to add the product coupons in the newsletter.
If anybody else is interested in funding this development, please put your hand up.
Cheers
Nathan
-- HikaShop version -- : Business 2.1.2
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.14
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 26
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : N/A
Hi
I've been given the task of creating an online store for one of my clients. HikaShop Business suits their needs in every area except one: multiple coupons.
My client needs (yes needs, not wants) the ability to do the following:
-- Club members get a 5% discount
-- Each month a newsletter is sent with a sheet of coupon codes for certain products. This should override the 5% discount for that item.
-- First Tuesday of each month, club members get a 15% discount. Newsletter coupons should only apply if discount is > 15%
Now, I've read in other posts that HikaShop doesn't currently have functionality to handle multiple coupons. I believe this is something that others would want, not just me.
How much will it cost to make this feature a priority? We can probably operate for a few months with 5% and 15% coupons, however we will need to have the ability to add the product coupons in the newsletter.
If anybody else is interested in funding this development, please put your hand up.
Cheers
Nathan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #141171
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Multiple Coupons
Hi,
For the little, few months ago, I was working on some HikaSerial improvements and I implement a new feature which allow HikaSerial to create a new checkout "step" in order to replace the original "coupon" step.
The goal of this new step was to accept an HikaShop coupon code or an HikaSerial serial.
At this moment, I was wondering if overriding the coupon system could be a good idea.
The actual coupon/discount system is quite powerful and have very special features. But the side effect is that it is not possible to have multiple coupons in the same time because there is no concurrency between them.
The idea of using HikaSerial as a coupon system is to use the "packs" as categories of coupon and configure the dependencies between the packs (and the generators to create the coupon codes).
At this moment, if a pack target a specific product and the configuration allow it, the other pack won't apply the discount on the specific product. The system should be think in the way of the multiple coupon so the current features of the coupon might not be present in the first version.
It is not a small development and I didn't have the time to make the full implementation ; Some important development to do for HikaMarket.
The other solution for your case is to use a custom plugin. The plugin could embed the rules for the coupon, override the "coupon step" in the checkout and use the system of the "order additional" to generate the multiple price discounts.
Kind regards,
For the little, few months ago, I was working on some HikaSerial improvements and I implement a new feature which allow HikaSerial to create a new checkout "step" in order to replace the original "coupon" step.
The goal of this new step was to accept an HikaShop coupon code or an HikaSerial serial.
At this moment, I was wondering if overriding the coupon system could be a good idea.
The actual coupon/discount system is quite powerful and have very special features. But the side effect is that it is not possible to have multiple coupons in the same time because there is no concurrency between them.
The idea of using HikaSerial as a coupon system is to use the "packs" as categories of coupon and configure the dependencies between the packs (and the generators to create the coupon codes).
At this moment, if a pack target a specific product and the configuration allow it, the other pack won't apply the discount on the specific product. The system should be think in the way of the multiple coupon so the current features of the coupon might not be present in the first version.
It is not a small development and I didn't have the time to make the full implementation ; Some important development to do for HikaMarket.
The other solution for your case is to use a custom plugin. The plugin could embed the rules for the coupon, override the "coupon step" in the checkout and use the system of the "order additional" to generate the multiple price discounts.
Kind regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elucidbusiness
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- elucidbusiness
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 2
12 years 8 months ago #141194
by elucidbusiness
Replied by elucidbusiness on topic Multiple Coupons
Thanks Jerome
I think I've come up with a solution to my problem.
All products that are to receive a 5% coupon are a member of a new category that I created. That category has a coupon applied to it.
If a product is on the specials sheet that is sent out in the newsletter, it is removed from the coupon category, and the price & description changed for that product to reflect the special price. Once the special is over, we go back in and undo the changes.
It's a bit messy, but I think it's the only way to achieve what we want.
Will keep monitoring forums in the future if any news of a multiple coupon system is developed.
Cheers.
I think I've come up with a solution to my problem.
All products that are to receive a 5% coupon are a member of a new category that I created. That category has a coupon applied to it.
If a product is on the specials sheet that is sent out in the newsletter, it is removed from the coupon category, and the price & description changed for that product to reflect the special price. Once the special is over, we go back in and undo the changes.
It's a bit messy, but I think it's the only way to achieve what we want.
Will keep monitoring forums in the future if any news of a multiple coupon system is developed.
Cheers.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 2 months ago #343058
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Multiple Coupons
Hi,
For anyone reading this, there is now a multiple coupon plugin for HikaShop available here:
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/164...coupon-checkout.html
For anyone reading this, there is now a multiple coupon plugin for HikaShop available here:
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/164...coupon-checkout.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds