Discounts on Shipping?
- Dardwizzle
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #277959
by Dardwizzle
(HikaShop Business 3.2.0 [1709061916])
Discounts on Shipping? was created by Dardwizzle
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.0
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome Latest
Hey Guys,
So I understand how to use and create Coupons and Discounts, however, I have been trying to figure out if this feature can be used to offer "Free Shipping"? I know that you can add the Free Shipping / Manual Shipping Plugin, (which is what I have been using for my tests) but that then would allow anyone to be able to choose that option for shipping and that is not desired. I currently use the USPS Shipping Module and the Stripe Plugin for payment.
I also wanted to know if there is a way to to set a Coupon / Discount for a Specific Customer Only, there by eliminating the ability for someone to share a coupon. Yes, I can set a quota on a coupon, but for example, I have a customer who actually resells for me, so on all his purchases he get a discounted rate on everything, setting a quota won't work because I would need to update the coupon continually, but at the same time, if he wanted to he could give that coupon to someone else, and I don't want the coupon to work if the coupon code is given to someone else.
It seems that this is the only feature I can not find on the Discount / Coupon option (well that and allowing the option to create a free shipping coupon for a customer.
I was unable to find anything about this in the documentation nor here in the forums.
Cheers,
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome Latest
Hey Guys,
So I understand how to use and create Coupons and Discounts, however, I have been trying to figure out if this feature can be used to offer "Free Shipping"? I know that you can add the Free Shipping / Manual Shipping Plugin, (which is what I have been using for my tests) but that then would allow anyone to be able to choose that option for shipping and that is not desired. I currently use the USPS Shipping Module and the Stripe Plugin for payment.
I also wanted to know if there is a way to to set a Coupon / Discount for a Specific Customer Only, there by eliminating the ability for someone to share a coupon. Yes, I can set a quota on a coupon, but for example, I have a customer who actually resells for me, so on all his purchases he get a discounted rate on everything, setting a quota won't work because I would need to update the coupon continually, but at the same time, if he wanted to he could give that coupon to someone else, and I don't want the coupon to work if the coupon code is given to someone else.
It seems that this is the only feature I can not find on the Discount / Coupon option (well that and allowing the option to create a free shipping coupon for a customer.
I was unable to find anything about this in the documentation nor here in the forums.
Cheers,
(HikaShop Business 3.2.0 [1709061916])
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 3 weeks ago #277960
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Discounts on Shipping?
Hello,
1 - www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/21790-free-shipping-coupon.html
www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...shipping-coupon.html
2 - www.hikashop.com/forum/discount-coupon/8...nts-on-products.html
3 - Using the ACL ; you can provide payment or shipping methods only for some specific Joomla user groups, so to some specific users.
Regards,
1 - www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/21790-free-shipping-coupon.html
www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...shipping-coupon.html
2 - www.hikashop.com/forum/discount-coupon/8...nts-on-products.html
3 - Using the ACL ; you can provide payment or shipping methods only for some specific Joomla user groups, so to some specific users.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dardwizzle
-
Topic Author
- Offline
9 years 3 weeks ago #278040
by Dardwizzle
(HikaShop Business 3.2.0 [1709061916])
Replied by Dardwizzle on topic Discounts on Shipping?
I will read over those documents for sure. I sat for a long time and did searches for that topic and was unable to come up with those, so thank you for pointing them out.
I will let you know if I run into any questions, however, I will say that I am not comfortable with the use of and the understanding of ACL. So before I do anything regarding that, please can you clarify one thing for me? If I make anychanges to the ACL using my Super User Account, does it only affect just my website, user groups, and customers?
I am asking because I am just a website owner of a site on a server which support multiple customers and websites. I do not want to risk affecting any other customers, users, or sites.
I know you can easily send me to another document, but I just need that clarification. I don't want to risk affecting any things else on these servers, and as you are aware I am not the webmaster nor a developer, and my webmaster is 12 hours different from me, so I have to be able to get these answers with out waiting that 12 hours, there are some other reasons that I can not mention that also have me having to get these answers with only your support and the documentation i can find.
Thank you Jerome!
I will let you know if I run into any questions, however, I will say that I am not comfortable with the use of and the understanding of ACL. So before I do anything regarding that, please can you clarify one thing for me? If I make anychanges to the ACL using my Super User Account, does it only affect just my website, user groups, and customers?
I am asking because I am just a website owner of a site on a server which support multiple customers and websites. I do not want to risk affecting any other customers, users, or sites.
I know you can easily send me to another document, but I just need that clarification. I don't want to risk affecting any things else on these servers, and as you are aware I am not the webmaster nor a developer, and my webmaster is 12 hours different from me, so I have to be able to get these answers with out waiting that 12 hours, there are some other reasons that I can not mention that also have me having to get these answers with only your support and the documentation i can find.
Thank you Jerome!
(HikaShop Business 3.2.0 [1709061916])
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 3 weeks ago #278071
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Discounts on Shipping?
Hi,
Here we're talking about the ACL settings in Joomla/HikaShop. It's a completely different system than the ACLs in place on your server.
So changing the ACL settings in Joomla/HikaShop won't affect the other websites on the server.
Here we're talking about the ACL settings in Joomla/HikaShop. It's a completely different system than the ACLs in place on your server.
So changing the ACL settings in Joomla/HikaShop won't affect the other websites on the server.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dardwizzle
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dardwizzle
-
Topic Author
- Offline
9 years 3 weeks ago #278099
by Dardwizzle
(HikaShop Business 3.2.0 [1709061916])
Replied by Dardwizzle on topic Discounts on Shipping?
Thanks for clarifying that Nicolas! Cheers!
(HikaShop Business 3.2.0 [1709061916])
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds