Using Coupon codes

• Thank you received: 1
4 months 1 week ago #361442

-- url of the page with the problem -- : framemaker.dk/en/shop
-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.4
-- Joomla version -- : Joomla! 3.10.12
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.33
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox

I have an ecommerce partner who wants to use my products as give aways. He asks whether I can generate a number of unique coupon codes to give away. The coupon codes must be "use once only", in order to avoid them being distributed.
I can see that there is one provider of a coupon code plugin for Hikashop. Does anybody know whether that will work in the manner I envision?

Best regards
Bjørn Smalbro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13318
4 months 1 week ago #361446

Hi,

If you want to provide a one time coupon code to get a free product, you want to create a new coupon with its "quota" set to 1, it's percentage set to 100%, its "coupon percentage applies to product only" setting turned on, its "product quantity to" set to 1, and its "product" setting set to the product you want to offer with this coupon code.
Rinse and repeat for other products if you want to provide several coupon codes.
If you want to generate a big number of these, create a few ones via the interface, and then go in your PHPMyAdmin and export the hikashop_discount table as a CSV file. Then, open it with Excel or LibreOffice Calc and generate extra rows basing yourself on the rows for the coupon codes you already generated. Then, use PHPMyAdmin's import function to import back the new rows and you'll get your new coupon codes loaded into HikaShop.

The following user(s) said Thank You: FrameMakers

• Hikashop Business
4 months 5 days ago #361524

Thank you for your quick reply.
I have created a coupon and assigned it to a specific product. But I can not see the coupon option appear in the checkout.
Am I doing something wrong?

Best regards
Bjørn Smalbro

Attachments:

4 months 5 days ago #361525

Hi,

The coupon interface displays on the checkout thanks to the "coupon" view in your checkout workflow, regardless of whether you have coupons configured or not.
If you don't see it, it means you must have removed it from your checkout workflow in the past. You can add it back with the "add view" button of the checkout workflow (in the green area) in the HikaShop configuration page.

The following user(s) said Thank You: framemaker

3 months 4 weeks ago #361579

Hi
Thank you for your answer. I am still having problems, though. I am not able to make the coupon show in the checkout.
1: I have created a coupon and assigned it to a product (coupon setup.png)
2: In the configuration I have enabled coupons (apply discount.png)
3: In the "Display", coupons are enabled (display coupon.png)
4: But no coupons in the checkout (checkout.png)

Something is not working and I am not clever enough to figure out why not. Can you possibly help me please?
Best regards
Bjørn

Attachments:

3 months 4 weeks ago #361581

Hi,

As I said, you need to add back the coupon view in your checkout workflow, in the HikaShop configuration:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/4...eckout-workflow.html

3 months 4 weeks ago #361600

Hi
Thank you for your always quick answers!
I have inserted the Coupon field in the checkout workflow. But I am still not able to make it work. I would expect to have to add some sort of value to the "options" in the Coupon field? Am I overlooking something very obvious?
Best regards
Bjørn Smalbro

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 635
3 months 4 weeks ago #361601

Hello,

From your configuration, we think we know why your coupon don't work :

You have restricted your coupon to be used in a specific dates, except, this date has now passed.
Regards

Last edit: 3 months 4 weeks ago by Philip.

3 months 3 weeks ago #361653

Hi again
I managed to make the coupon show now. It seems I had unknowingly spent the coupon i had created.
Now the next challenge for me...
I have promised my partner in this project, that they can have a number of single time usage coupon codes to distribute to their users.
I have managed to make a product show up in the checkout WITH a coupon that I had assigned to the product. That works great. But how do I distribute coupons to users? I suppose I can send out codes, but how are the recipients supposed to use them?

Best regards
Bjørn Smalbro

3 months 3 weeks ago #361655

Hi,

They can enter the code of the coupon in the text input field of the coupon area.
Note that if you activate the "auto load in cart if possible" setting in the coupon settings, then the coupon will be loaded automatically without the user having to manually enter the code of the coupon. You might have activated this option, which would explain why you're asking about this.

If you want to generate individual coupons and send each coupon to the corresponding user in an automatic manner, then I would recommend using AcyMailing and its integration with HikaShop, which allows for this:
docs.acymailing.com/addons/joomla-add-ons/hikashop

3 months 3 weeks ago #361660

Once again - I am grateful for your quick answers
I have changed the coupon setup to not use autoloads. (Coupon setup no autoload)

On checkout the coupon IS subtracted from the checkout sum, but the user is not prompted for a coupon code.

I would expect the user to be prompted for a coupon code, which would release the discount.

And I would expect a coupon field to show always. Have I overlookend an option somewhere to always show a coupon field in the cart?

Best regards
Bjørn Smalbro

Attachments:

3 months 3 weeks ago #361665

Hi,

Once the coupon is added to the cart, even if you turn off the "auto load" setting the coupon will stay linked to the cart and the system won't provide the coupon code input field.
To properly test this, delete your cart via the Customers>Carts menu and try again. You'll see that the coupon won't be auto loaded anymore and you'll see the coupon code input field.

If you want the coupon code input field to still be available even after a coupon has been added to the cart, then you want to use the "multi coupon checkout plugin" :
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/164...coupon-checkout.html
This way, the system will allow the customer to enter several coupon codes for the same order and thus, the coupon code input field will always be visible in the coupon area of the checkout.

3 months 3 weeks ago #361735

Hi again
I am completely unable to make a coupon input field appear. I was expecting something like in the attached screenshot, but it is it even possible? Are my expectations just wrong? Is it not possible to have a permanent coupon code field visible?

Best regards
Bjørn Smalbro

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 635
3 months 3 weeks ago #361737

Hello,
If you have already your coupon block in your checkout, reproduce this settings screenshot (by adapting it here or there to your needs of course, dates, discount, category etc!).

As a result you should see this:

If everything is define as showed in my elements, your coupon should normally produce the same effects, IF the conditions/restrictions comply with the contexts, products, dates but also and above all the ACLs, because if your test account does not correspond to defined ACLs then the coupon will not appear.

Regards

Last edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by Philip.

3 months 3 weeks ago #361746

Hi
Thank you for your answer. My main issue here is not getting the coupon field in the cart.

In the screen dump you have sent me, there is a coupon field. I am unable to make that coupon field show. I have added screendump of the checkout configuration, the coupon code configuration and the cart.

Best regards
Bjørn Smalbro

Attachments:

3 months 2 weeks ago #361750

Hi,

There is nothing wrong with your setup.
The problem is that you've added custom CSS code in order to hide the coupon view area on your frontend:
i.imgur.com/CIbw64Y.png
So you need to remove that display:none; CSS command from your HikaShop frontend_custom CSS file:
i.imgur.com/IOKpkGO.png

The following user(s) said Thank You: framemaker

3 months 2 weeks ago #361779

THAT was It! Thank you very much for having the patience to help me make this work. This was clearly a fault of my own for having wanted to hide the coupon field some years ago. I am very grateful for your help!
Best regards
Bjørn

3 months 2 weeks ago #361784

Hi,

No worries.
For anyone else reading this thread, instead of using CSS code to hide the coupon area, I would rather recommend removing the "coupon" view from the "Checkout workflow". It's a lot cleaner and it will be easier to add back if necessary in the future.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds