smart search does not work for variant product_codes
- nico.van.leeuwen
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
2 years 6 months ago #359560
by nico.van.leeuwen
-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 5.0.3
-- PHP version -- : 8.2.16
Hi,
I have an up-to-date HikaShop site where we use variants with their own product_code.
Now the product_code of the main product is showing up in the search results but the ones from the variant is not.
Tried last HikaShop built, tested on multiple sites etc but no luck yet.
Hope you can reproduce it and that it's an easy fix
Nico
-- Joomla version -- : 5.0.3
-- PHP version -- : 8.2.16
Hi,
I have an up-to-date HikaShop site where we use variants with their own product_code.
Now the product_code of the main product is showing up in the search results but the ones from the variant is not.
Tried last HikaShop built, tested on multiple sites etc but no luck yet.
Hope you can reproduce it and that it's an easy fix
Nico
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 6 months ago #359562
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic smart search does not work for variant product_codes
Hi,
It works fine on my end.
Do you see the variant entries in the index of the smart search ?
Could you provide a screenshot of the settings of your HikaShop finder plugin via the Joomla plugins manager ?
It works fine on my end.
Do you see the variant entries in the index of the smart search ?
Could you provide a screenshot of the settings of your HikaShop finder plugin via the Joomla plugins manager ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- nico.van.leeuwen
-
Topic Author
- Offline
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #359576
by nico.van.leeuwen
Replied by nico.van.leeuwen on topic smart search does not work for variant product_codes
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by nico.van.leeuwen. Reason: forgot something
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 6 months ago #359595
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic smart search does not work for variant product_codes
Hi,
Thanks. I found the issue.
I've made a patch for it. Download again the HikaShop install package on our website and install it on yours to get the patch. Then, you need to reindex your products / variants and the product codes will be taken into account.
Thanks. I found the issue.
I've made a patch for it. Download again the HikaShop install package on our website and install it on yours to get the patch. Then, you need to reindex your products / variants and the product codes will be taken into account.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- nico.van.leeuwen
-
Topic Author
- Offline
2 years 6 months ago #359641
by nico.van.leeuwen
Replied by nico.van.leeuwen on topic smart search does not work for variant product_codes
Hi Nicolas,
I tried it with the updated version.
Re-indexed but no luck. I also don't see the result in the indexed products other than the main product.
I tried this on a develop site so no problem to give you access if you want.
I tried it with the updated version.
Re-indexed but no luck. I also don't see the result in the indexed products other than the main product.
I tried this on a develop site so no problem to give you access if you want.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 6 months ago #359686
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic smart search does not work for variant product_codes
Hi,
Yes, I'll need a backend and a FTP access. Please provide them via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Yes, I'll need a backend and a FTP access. Please provide them via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #359779
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic smart search does not work for variant product_codes
Hi,
Thanks. I know what the problem is. When I tried to reproduce the issue on my end, I couldn't because I had other modifications included for the support of variants data, which are scheduled for the next version of HikaShop.
The current version of HikaShop actually doesn't support the indexing of variants data.
The indexing of the product_code specifically was another problem I found out but both the change I made previously following this thread, and the changes prepared on my end for the next version of HikaShop are necessary to be able to search a variants code.
Here is attached a modified installation zip of the finder plugin to be able to index variants which contains all the modifications.
Thanks. I know what the problem is. When I tried to reproduce the issue on my end, I couldn't because I had other modifications included for the support of variants data, which are scheduled for the next version of HikaShop.
The current version of HikaShop actually doesn't support the indexing of variants data.
The indexing of the product_code specifically was another problem I found out but both the change I made previously following this thread, and the changes prepared on my end for the next version of HikaShop are necessary to be able to search a variants code.
Here is attached a modified installation zip of the finder plugin to be able to index variants which contains all the modifications.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please log in or register to see it.
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by nicolas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nico.van.leeuwen
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- nico.van.leeuwen
-
Topic Author
- Offline
2 years 6 months ago #359785
by nico.van.leeuwen
Replied by nico.van.leeuwen on topic smart search does not work for variant product_codes
Thanks you, this works great now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- mariussport
-
- Offline
- Test fase
2 years 6 months ago #359936
by mariussport
Replied by mariussport on topic smart search does not work for variant product_codes
hi Nicolas and Nico,
The smart search works super fine now, but the variants doesn't show the standard product image, if there is not a specific variant image.
See the attachment.
best regards,
Marius
The smart search works super fine now, but the variants doesn't show the standard product image, if there is not a specific variant image.
See the attachment.
best regards,
Marius
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #359952
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic smart search does not work for variant product_codes
Hi,
Thank you for your feedback. I've made some extra modifications in order to handle that properly. Here is the new zip for the finder plugin:
Thank you for your feedback. I've made some extra modifications in order to handle that properly. Here is the new zip for the finder plugin:
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please log in or register to see it.
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by nicolas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mariussport
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds