- Posts: 105
- Thank you received: 9
Can't Get Cron To Work
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #261021
by mduda
Can't Get Cron To Work was created by mduda
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- HikaAuction version -- : 1.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.28
Hi Again Hika Auction Team!
I'm at a loss. I've tried to setup the cron job on our host (GoDaddy). Here is the setup on HA -
Setup on GoDaddy -
I've also tried using -
wget -O /dev/null wcjhpta.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=cron > /dev/null
In either instance, I can click on the cron url in the backend and this manually triggers the cron. However, I still do not get any emails (no admin and no auction user emails).
What am I missing?
-- HikaAuction version -- : 1.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.28
Hi Again Hika Auction Team!
I'm at a loss. I've tried to setup the cron job on our host (GoDaddy). Here is the setup on HA -
Setup on GoDaddy -
I've also tried using -
wget -O /dev/null wcjhpta.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=cron > /dev/null
In either instance, I can click on the cron url in the backend and this manually triggers the cron. However, I still do not get any emails (no admin and no auction user emails).
What am I missing?
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by mduda.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
9 years 7 months ago #261046
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Can't Get Cron To Work
Hello,
If you launch it manually and you don't receive any email, it can be coming from 3 things :
- You don't have any item in your HikaAuction Queue (no Emails to send)
=> To add an item in the queue you can for example bid on an Auction, and then user another account to outbid the first bid.
- HikaAuction emails are unpublished via "Hikashop->System->Emails"
=> So you should check it via "Hikashop->System->Emails"
- The cron didn't launched properly
=> So you should check how you configured it via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Cron" and on your GoDaddy server.
If you launch it manually and you don't receive any email, it can be coming from 3 things :
- You don't have any item in your HikaAuction Queue (no Emails to send)
=> To add an item in the queue you can for example bid on an Auction, and then user another account to outbid the first bid.
- HikaAuction emails are unpublished via "Hikashop->System->Emails"
=> So you should check it via "Hikashop->System->Emails"
- The cron didn't launched properly
=> So you should check how you configured it via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Cron" and on your GoDaddy server.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 7 months ago #261199
by mduda
Replied by mduda on topic Can't Get Cron To Work
Hi Mohamed,
I used two accounts to bid against each other, so that is not the issue.
The emails are published.
So that leaves the cron. I had tried both of the cron lines as you have in your documentation (while substituting our URL of course). But, it is not connecting. Any advice?
I used two accounts to bid against each other, so that is not the issue.
The emails are published.
So that leaves the cron. I had tried both of the cron lines as you have in your documentation (while substituting our URL of course). But, it is not connecting. Any advice?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
9 years 7 months ago #261205
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Can't Get Cron To Work
Hello,
It's actually weird that no emails are sent even if you manually trigger the cron, so can you download the last HikaAuction version through our website, install it and test it again ?
Thank you.
It's actually weird that no emails are sent even if you manually trigger the cron, so can you download the last HikaAuction version through our website, install it and test it again ?
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 7 months ago #261315
by mduda
Replied by mduda on topic Can't Get Cron To Work
I believe emails are now coming through. We had no emails coming through for Hikashop either. So, I removed the bounce address, and now they seem to be coming through. Thanks for helping me troubleshoot
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Mohamed Thelji
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds