Streamline the checkout process for Hikashop Auction

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikaauction Standard Hikashop Essential
1 month 1 week ago #363278

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.1.1
-- HikaAuction version -- : 4.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 5.1.4
-- PHP version -- : 8.3.2

I am currently using Stripe payment gateway. When the auction ends, the highest bidder receives an email to complete the order. When the order is completed, the highest bidder gets another email with the order details and a link to pay.

Instead of sending two emails (one for auction completion and one for payment), can I configure the first email to include a direct payment link? This would allow the bidder to finalize the payment in one step.

Does Hikashop Auction allow the auction winner to be redirected directly to the checkout page immediately after winning, skipping the email-based process?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13330
1 month 1 week ago #363284

Hi,

After an auction finalizes, the winner has to go through the checkout to be able to provide the address information, select the payment method, select the shipping method, etc. So it has to send an email to the winner to direct him to the checkout.
And at the end of the checkout, the order is created and the user is normally redirected to the payment gateway payment page for the payment. HikaShop will send an email when the order is created if the "order creation notification" email is published in System>Emails. You can unpublish it if you want.
And after the payment, HikaShop sends an email to tell the user that the order is confirmed (and there is no payment link on this email), it's just a confirmation.

How could the user be redirected to the checkout after the auction ends ? It's likely the user is not on the website when this happens. And thus, the email is necessary.
Now, adding a link to access the payment from the product page once the auction is finished if the current user is the winner makes sense. I think it's a good idea. Try adding the code:

if ( !empty($this->current_winner_id) && $this->current_winner_id == $this->user && $this->auction_finished) {
?>
		<div class="hikaauction_bid_checkout_button_div">
			<a class="<?php echo $this->config->get('css_button', 'hikabtn') . ' ' . $this->bid_button_css; ?> hikabtn-success" href="<?php echo hikaauction::completeLink('checkout&task=checkout&product_id=' . (int)$this->element->product_id); ?>">
				<?php echo JText::_('PAY_NOW'); ?>
			</a>
		</div>
<?php
	}
before the line:
if(!empty($this->element->extraData->rightMiddle)) { echo implode("\r\n",$this->element->extraData->rightMiddle); }
in the view file productauction / show_auction.php via the menu Display>Views.
It should add that button. Please provide feedback on this. We can then include it in the next version of HikaAuction.

1 month 1 week ago #363304

I successfully implement the code taking the customer to the payment page.

Instead of having a link to the payment page, is it possible to have the link to the checkout and then redirect to the payment page?

Thank you.

1 month 6 days ago #363310

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean. This link is supposed to direct you to the checkout.
What is the URL of the page you get to ? Could you do a screenshot of that page ?

1 month 6 days ago #363326

I believe my configuration is affecting the checkout flow. When I go through the checkout and press the "Finish" button, it doesn't take me to the payment page; it takes me to the homepage. The auction winner gets an email with a pay now link.

frenchconnectionloft.com/2024-09-19_094639.mp4

Please review my Hikashop Auction configuration screenshots.

Attachments:

1 month 5 days ago #363349

Hi,

That's strange.
Between what I see in your video and what you're saying it seems that the order is created, but instead of redirecting to the payment gateway for the payment, you're getting redirected to the homepage.
It could be a problem with the payment plugin you're using, or another plugin or customization interfering.
That's hard to say exactly without digging in your settings. At least, I can't reproduce the problem on my end. On my end, after the finish button I get the payment page.
Could you provide a backend access via our contact form in order to check on the situation ?
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

1 month 5 days ago #363358

You are right, the problem is with the Stripe payment plugin return URL.

If the return URL field is empty, the checkout page redirects to the payment page but after completing the transaction, it redirects to a blank page.

Can that be corrected?

Attachments:

1 month 5 days ago #363359

Hi,

I don't see any purchase of the Stripe connect plugin we sell on our marketplace on your user account on our website.
Could it be that you're using a third party plugin to integrate with Stripe ?
It's possible that the return URL is not handled properly by the payment plugin. And if it's a third party plugin, we won't be able to fix it as you need to contact the developer of the plugin directly.

The following user(s) said Thank You: hawkman

1 month 4 days ago #363368

I uninstalled the Stripe plugin I originally used and purchased/installed the new Stripe V3 with Connect at the Hikashop marketplace.

If the return URL field is empty, the checkout page redirects to the payment page, after completing the transaction, it redirects to a blank page, not the thank you page.

If the return URL field has the thank you page URL, the checkout page redirects to the thank you page.

frenchconnectionloft.com/2024-09-21-103217.mp4

Attachments:

1 month 2 days ago #363414

Hi,

Could you provide the link to access the auction page with the payment link, the user account to access it, and a backend access to access your settings via our contact form so that we could look at the situation directly ?
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

1 month 1 day ago #363444

Hi,

Thanks for the access.
I was able to look at the situation.
I'm not sure why it's doing that.
However, I've changed the payment mode to checkout instead of end so that the credit card form displays below the payment selection directly instead of at the end of the checkout and for some reason it works even with the return URL filled.

If this is ok like this for you, then fine. Otherwise, Jerome, from Obsidev, who developed the plugin would have to look into it further.

Moderators: Mohamed Thelji
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds