- Posts: 447
- Thank you received: 20
Products Not Displaying in Back End
Dave
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I dont want to loose my urls
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Some test might be required (I didn't use it for a while) but HikaShop have a plugin called "VirtueMart Fallback Redirect".
This plugin allow to redirect the virtuemart pages to the new HikaShop urls ; it generates 301 redirections to keep as possible, the indexation.
I know that the plugin works when you are using the plugin on the same website which has virtuemart installed but I think it will require some tweaks to get it work when virtuemart is not there (because the joomla menus won't be there).
After that, it depends if you're using SEF or not in your Joomla 1.5 website (and what kind of SEF).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Hikashop provide a VM redirect plugin which should help the transition from 1.5 to J3. The only other way I can think of is with an SEO component and manually altering the urls. If you have 100's of products that could prove a bit long winded and time consuming.
Dave
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Do you think it is possible to import virtuemart adresses in the new version of joomla installation and activate the plugin?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
What I am supposed to do to redirect the links? I turned on the vm redirect plugins but it doesnt work.
I use core sef addresses in joomla 1.5 web site and have router.php file in com_virtuemart.
How to make the redirect plugin working correct?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The only way I can see to overcome this is to use an sef component/plugin and manually change the links. There are a numbrr of solutions here , some are free and some are paid for extensions.
Dave
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Probably waiting for stable version of virtuemart for joomla 3.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The plugin requires that you have the tables hikashop_vm_prod and hikashop_vm_cat filled with the data from the import process in your database in order to perform the redirect.
Then, the plugin, once published, should automatically catch the VirtueMart products/categories URLs and redirect the their counter parts in HikaShop.
If you do not have SEF links, it won't generate any trouble.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The same upload is in the free and the business version.
I don't see how that's possible to have several "first images" ? Could you provide some screenshots of before/after in order to understand the problem ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Ok, I see what you mean.
The issue is that the images entries in the database are different but they all point to the same image on the server disk.
The system has a check to prevent deleting the same image if it is used for several products and only delete in on the disk if there are no other products using it when you delete an image entry.
However, in your case, it's other images of the same product using the same image on the disk and that isn't taken into account in the check.
Change the line:
to:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Jerome, in my case I have sef links. I think the only way is to use redirection component, it will not be easy with 500 products
Any other suggestions?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Anybody know such a component or sth similar?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Jerome already explained that there is a VM redirect plugin included in HikaShop in order to do that.
It doesn't require that VM is installed on the website (it did before but not since a few releases of HikaShop), however, when you do the migration, the import fills the hikashop_vm_prod and hikashop_vm_cat tables with correspondence information between the VM and HikaShop products and categories and thus these tables need to be in the database with the data from the import (so basically you should not delete them).
Normally, even with SEF activated, the id of the products and categories should still display in the URLs of VirtueMart (unless you were already using a third party SEF system rather than the Joomla SEF system), and thus the plugin should be able to handle the redirect. If you were using a third party SEF system, then you'll probably have to use it again to redirect the old alias to the new product page links.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have activated Hikashop - VirtueMart Fallback Redirect Plugin but still nothing.
Probably the problem is in my urls. My old product url look like this
web.com/catalogue/id-category/id-product-name
and my new product urls look like
web.com/catalogue/prouct/id-product-name
both new category urls look like
web.com/catalogue/id-category-name
still no redirects
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Sorry but I do not understand your last message.
The "VirtueMart Fallback Redirect Plugin" requires virtuemart url to work ; the goal of the plugin is to catch vm url and redirect the user to the hikashop one.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I said that:
I have hikashop_vm_prod and hikashop_vm_cat tables with correspondence information between the VM and HikaShop products and categories in my new database
and when I have virtuemart redirect plugin enabled still dont have any redirects
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.