- Posts: 52
- Thank you received: 0
Exporting Hikashop information
11 years 10 months ago #179785
by Marjoline
Exporting Hikashop information was created by Marjoline
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : any
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message, just a question.
Hi,
I am looking to work with Hikashop data in MS Access, in order to prepare suppliers data for importing to Hikashop, for instance. I need to be able to translate their catagories to the Hikashop categories for instance. Each supplier has his own codes for his categories, so I need to add a translation step. Same goes for brands.
I cannot find any information on how to export data like categories and brands, amongst others. Also customer details. Is it possible to export these with Hikashop, or are there any plans in the near future to add this kind of functionality?
So summarizing: at a minimum I need to export from Hikashop our:
- categories
- brands
- customers
in order to link information in MS Access.
That would save me having to type all these details over by hand, which would be good. Is there a way to do this already?
Cheers,
Marjoline
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : any
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message, just a question.
Hi,
I am looking to work with Hikashop data in MS Access, in order to prepare suppliers data for importing to Hikashop, for instance. I need to be able to translate their catagories to the Hikashop categories for instance. Each supplier has his own codes for his categories, so I need to add a translation step. Same goes for brands.
I cannot find any information on how to export data like categories and brands, amongst others. Also customer details. Is it possible to export these with Hikashop, or are there any plans in the near future to add this kind of functionality?
So summarizing: at a minimum I need to export from Hikashop our:
- categories
- brands
- customers
in order to link information in MS Access.
That would save me having to type all these details over by hand, which would be good. Is there a way to do this already?
Cheers,
Marjoline
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago #179800
by korzo
Replied by korzo on topic Exporting Hikashop information
You can export customers, brands and categories using mass action.
Also you can connect to MySQL database directly from MS Access.
Also you can connect to MySQL database directly from MS Access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marjoline
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago #179801
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Exporting Hikashop information
Hi,
You can use mass actions (via the menu System>Mass actions) on categories/users in order to export categories, brands (which are stored as categories) and customers data by using the "Export as CSV" action of your mass actions.
That will get you a CSV file that that then be imported in MS access.
You can use mass actions (via the menu System>Mass actions) on categories/users in order to export categories, brands (which are stored as categories) and customers data by using the "Export as CSV" action of your mass actions.
That will get you a CSV file that that then be imported in MS access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marjoline
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago #179828
by Marjoline
Replied by Marjoline on topic Exporting Hikashop information
The connection between a local MS Access and an ISP remote server -MySQL is not so easy, I have been told.
Thanks for sharing the idea, though.
Cheers,
Marjoline
Thanks for sharing the idea, though.
Cheers,
Marjoline
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago #179829
by Marjoline
Replied by Marjoline on topic Exporting Hikashop information
Thanks, that sounds great, I will try. I am really happy that it is possible. I was in fact actually looking for export buttons in the same place as they are from the products maintenance page for products, and in the orders page for orders. And I didn't look in the Ststem/Mass Actions. Silly me. Blond, you know. 
Thanks for the quick reply. You guys rock!
Cheers,
Marjoline
Thanks for the quick reply. You guys rock!
Cheers,
Marjoline
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago #179855
by Marjoline
Replied by Marjoline on topic Exporting Hikashop information
I have tried to export the tables with all the category fields, but it is not working for me. Exporting the addresses and orders works fine, but not the Categories. All the fields are not exported for the categories. I request for all the fields (see my screen print attached). What I get is a csv file with only the two fields with the name-of-the-category and the name-of-the-parent; no id's, nothing else. See also the screenprint of the file as attached. Nearly all the fields are missing.
What more do I need to do in order to get all the fields for which I have checked the boxes?
Cheers,
Marjoline
What more do I need to do in order to get all the fields for which I have checked the boxes?
Cheers,
Marjoline
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago #179867
by korzo
Replied by korzo on topic Exporting Hikashop information
You are right.
There is a bug in latest version. I fixed it in my version and forget to report it.
I will report it and update this this topic with fix later.
There is a bug in latest version. I fixed it in my version and forget to report it.
I will report it and update this this topic with fix later.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marjoline
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago #179873
by Marjoline
Replied by Marjoline on topic Exporting Hikashop information
Ok, thanks, Korzo.
Can you let me know when it's fixed?
Cheers,
Marjoline
Can you let me know when it's fixed?
Cheers,
Marjoline
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago #179879
by korzo
Replied by korzo on topic Exporting Hikashop information
Follow
this
for response from developers.
I posted also the fix that worked for me, but I don't guarantee it fix all problems nor has no side effects.
I posted also the fix that worked for me, but I don't guarantee it fix all problems nor has no side effects.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marjoline
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds