- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 2
how to setup excel file for correct CSV export for price_access levels
8 years 4 months ago #292767
by probiz
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.7
-- PHP version -- : 7
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome
I cannot understand how to format my file so that I can import item codes with pricing levels. I have set the groups I need in User Manager. I have exported the database and can see what it is supposed to look like but using attached file I am scratching my head how to set this up.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.7
-- PHP version -- : 7
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome
I cannot understand how to format my file so that I can import item codes with pricing levels. I have set the groups I need in User Manager. I have exported the database and can see what it is supposed to look like but using attached file I am scratching my head how to set this up.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 4 months ago #292771
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic how to setup excel file for correct CSV export for price_access levels
Hi,
You should have instead:
You should have instead:
Code:
product_code;price_value;price_access
ABT110X45N;76|68.4|62.7|60.8|57;,2,|,11,|,12,|,13,|,14,
... etc ...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #292859
by probiz
Replied by probiz on topic how to setup excel file for correct CSV export for price_access levels
Many thx Nicolas. I will detail my answer if it is allowable. it is not a Hikashop matter but people making CSV files need to know how to get the data to export correctly as you described. my client gave me spreadsheet showing their pricing levels.
as per Hikashop documentation, User Groups are made up naming the different pricing groups / levels [ID's shown below 2, 11, 12 etc].
here is my final exportable data that works on my dev site.
to get from one format to the other I had to do some data manipulation in excel. I used CONCATENATE to merge cell data:
=CONCATENATE(B2,"|",C2,"|",D2,"|",E2,"|",F2)
this is what I had to discover.
Code:
NEW CODE Price Level A Price Level B Price Level D Price Level E Price Level F
ABT110X45N $76.00 $68.40 $62.70 $60.80 $57.00
ABT110X45V $74.50 $67.05 $61.46 $59.60 $55.88
ABT125X45N $117.00 $105.30 $96.53 $93.60 $87.75
here is my final exportable data that works on my dev site.
Code:
product_code price_value price_access
ABT110X45N 76|68.4|62.7|60.8|57 ,2,|11,|12,|13,|14
ABT110X45V 74.5|67.05|61.46|59.6|55.88 ,2,|11,|12,|13,|14
ABT125X45N 117|105.3|96.53|93.6|87.75 ,2,|11,|12,|13,|14
ABT125X45V 104|93.6|85.8|83.2|78 ,2,|11,|12,|13,|14
=CONCATENATE(B2,"|",C2,"|",D2,"|",E2,"|",F2)
this is what I had to discover.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by nicolas. Reason: adding code tags for better readability
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 4 months ago #292869
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic how to setup excel file for correct CSV export for price_access levels
Hi,
Note that you're missing some commas. Make sure that you have a comma before and after each user group id, like I did in my example.
This is done so to improve MySQL queries efficiency.
If you don't, it won't work properly in some cases.
Note that you're missing some commas. Make sure that you have a comma before and after each user group id, like I did in my example.
This is done so to improve MySQL queries efficiency.
If you don't, it won't work properly in some cases.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds