Errors when trying to install upgrade

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Essential
8 years 5 months ago #220855

-- url of the page with the problem -- : fireworksland.com/administrator/index.ph...ate=0&freshinstall=0
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.45
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Safari 9.0.1
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 SQL=UPDATE `msb9n_menu` SET `rgt`=`rgt`-0 WHERE `rgt`>=

I purchased the upgrade to 2.6.0 and am unable to install the file.
I tried both the .zip file and the tar.gz file
The file uploads and installs, with a couple of error messages, and then I get the message "Installation of the Component was Successful," but then I get the error message:

"An error has occurred.
1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 SQL=UPDATE `msb9n_menu` SET `rgt`=`rgt`-0 WHERE `rgt`>="

See the attached screen shots. What do I do?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
8 years 5 months ago #220978

Hi,

Do you have the menu "HikaShop" present in backend ? If it is, so no issues.
The error just means that the installation was not able to create the main HikaShop menu in backend.

• Hikashop Essential
8 years 5 months ago #221058

No HIkashop menu at all. I had uninstalled Hikashop 2.4.0. I guess this means I lost all my products. I will try to restore from a backup.
However, even with HikaShop 2.4.0 uninstalled, I still get the error message above when trying to install HikaShop 2.6.0, and no HikaShop menu is created in the back end.

Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by bw92116.

• Thank you received: 13071
8 years 5 months ago #221060

Hi,

The data is actually not lost when you uninstall the extension.
That's why you still have the error when you install it again, since the data in the database is still the same.

These errors indicate a problem with the menu items structure of your Joomla.
Try to click on the "rebuild" button of the Joomla menu manager and then proceed to the install again.
That might help.

• Hikashop Essential
8 years 5 months ago #221123

Thank you. I restored a backup that had 2.4.0 installed, and I rebuilt the menus, then I installed 2.6.0 using the Extension Manager. The extension manager shows that 2.6.0 is installed, and the front end works fine. But... Hikashop does not appear in the back end under the "Components" menu. See the attached screen shot...

Attachments:

8 years 5 months ago #221155

Hi,

Via your phpMyAdmin interface, please export the current database in order to have a backup.

Then execute the following MySQL query:

DELETE FROM #__menu WHERE (`menutype` = 'main' AND `alias` = 'hikashop') OR (`menutype` = 'menu' AND `link` LIKE '%com_hikashop%')

Then do a "Rebuild", and install again HikaShop. This will do a reset for all the existing backend HikaShop menus.

• Hikashop Essential
8 years 5 months ago #221247

Thank you, but when I exectute that query I get the error message:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE 1' at line 1

The query was:
DELETE FROM #__menu WHERE (`menutype` = 'main' AND `alias` = 'hikashop') OR (`menutype` = 'menu' AND `link` LIKE '%com_hikashop%')

8 years 5 months ago #221300

Hi,

My bad I forgot to mention that you have to replace "#_" by your database prefix.

• Hikashop Essential
8 years 5 months ago #221373

OK, i executed the query

DELETE FROM msb9n_menu WHERE (`menutype` = 'main' AND `alias` = 'hikashop') OR (`menutype` = 'menu' AND `link` LIKE '%com_hikashop%')

and I get "0 rows deleted. (Query took 0.0011 seconds.)"

I reinstalled HikaShop 2.6.0 and I still have no HikaShop menu in the back end.

How do you rebuild the administrator menus?

8 years 5 months ago #221650

Hi,

There is a rebuild button in the joomla menu manager for that:
take.ms/NKVkD

• Hikashop Essential
8 years 5 months ago #221667

Thank you. Yes, I have done that rebuild several times, reinstalled HikaShop several times, cleared the Admin cacne, everything several times. Still no Hikashop menu in the back end.

8 years 5 months ago #221708

Hi,

I must say I'm out of ideas. I guess it would require looking at the data in the #__menu table of your database as there must be a problem with it and the rebuild button isn't enough to handle it.
But well, it's just the backend menu and you don't really need it to access HikaShop. You can just enable the "quickicon" plugin via the joomla plugins manager and that will give you a quickicon on your Joomla dashboard in order to access the HikaShop backend. So it might be a good enough alternative.

• Hikashop Essential
8 years 5 months ago #221840

Well I guess my installation is really messed up... no Quickicons appear, even though the Quickicon plugins are enabled, including the HikaShop Quickicon. I will have to try to restore to a backup that works and try again... but that is what I've already tried.

• Hikashop Essential
8 years 5 months ago #221889

I found this solution to the database menu table problem:
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=625&t=632543&start=120

When I run the slbs.php file in that topic, I am able to rebuild the menus without error. It says "Successfully rebuilt."

When I try to install HikaShop 2.6.0 I get error messages and no Hikashop appears in the Components menu in the back end.

Then when I try to rebuild menus I get the error message:

Error
Rebuild failed: exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'MenusTableMenu::getRootId' in /home/rjweaver/public_html/libraries/joomla/table/nested.php:1270 Stack trace: #0 /home/rjweaver/public_html/libraries/joomla/table/nested.php(1297): JTableNested->getRootId() #1 /home/rjweaver/public_html/plugins/system/jreviews_addonmenus/models/j3/item.php(1115): JTableNested->rebuild() #2 /home/rjweaver/public_html/administrator/components/com_menus/controllers/menus.php(108): MenusModelItem->rebuild() #3 /home/rjweaver/public_html/libraries/legacy/controller/legacy.php(728): MenusControllerMenus->rebuild() #4 /home/rjweaver/public_html/administrator/components/com_menus/menus.php(18): JControllerLegacy->execute('rebuild') #5 /home/rjweaver/public_html/libraries/cms/component/helper.php(392): require_once('/home/rjweaver/...') #6 /home/rjweaver/public_html/libraries/cms/component/helper.php(372): JComponentHelper::executeComponent('/home/rjweaver/...') #7 /home/rjweaver/public_html/libraries/cms/application/administrator.php(98): JComponentHelper::renderComponent('com_menus') #8 /home/rjweaver/public_html/libraries/cms/application/administrator.php(152): JApplicationAdministrator->dispatch() #9 /home/rjweaver/public_html/libraries/cms/application/cms.php(252): JApplicationAdministrator->doExecute() #10 /home/rjweaver/public_html/administrator/index.php(47): JApplicationCms->execute() #11 {main}

It seems that the installation of HIkaShop 2.6.0 is what causes the problem with the _menu table. ? Any ideas?

8 years 5 months ago #221957

Hi,

It's not the installation which is causing the problem.
It's more like: there is already a problem in your menu data, and running the install just amplifies it as it expect something which isn't as it should be.
Thanks for providing a link to the solution. I'm sure it will help others with the same issue.

• Hikashop Essential
8 years 5 months ago #222140

I went to an earlier backup of my site, did all the updates, and iIt seems to be working except:

- No product images in Hiksahop pages.
- No "Hikashop" in the back end "Components" menu
- No "Hikashop" QuickIcon, even though the Hikashop Quickicon plug-in is enabled.

Where are the product images stored and how can I get them to appear on the pages?
Is there a URL I can enter to access the Hikashop back end?
Thank you

8 years 5 months ago #222176

Hi,

The HikaShop images are stored in the folder that you specified in the "upload folder" setting of the HikaShop configuration.
By default it's images/com_hikashop/upload and with old versions of HikaShop it was media/com_hikashop/upload

The images have to be in the correct folder if you want them to be displayed.

And you can use this URL to access the backend:

http://yourwebsite.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_hikashop

• Hikashop Essential
8 years 5 months ago #222254

Thank you for your help. I uploaded the product images to media/com_hikashop/upload, as that is what is specified in the configuration settings. The images show on the product page, but they are all large - no thumbnails. Is there a way I get get Hikashop to generate the thumbnails again?
Thanks

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 5 months ago #222270

Hi,

See : www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...fig.html#main_images

Please understand that if the folder is not writable ; HikaShop won't be able to create any file, so won't create any thumbnail.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds