• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
3 months 2 weeks ago #361844

-- url of the page with the problem -- : store.dansmith.ca/
-- HikaShop version -- : 5.1.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.12 Stable
-- PHP version -- : 8.1.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : EDGE 126.0.2592.68

Hi, the watermark works on the thumbnail image, but when the image is downloaded, it doesn't show up on the downloaded image. Can you please tell me how to fix this? Thanks again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 635
3 months 2 weeks ago #361845

Hello,

We will need these elements in order to better understand the context :
- Your relative badge settings via a screenshot
- As an example, an url link to a product page where your badge works and one where it does not work.
Note : Use our Contact us form to provide these elements, and don't forget to add an Url link to this topic in your message.
Regards

Last edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
3 months 2 weeks ago #361851

Ok, go ahead and give it a try. I've added a free Ogre product. As you can see, the watermark is on the thumbnails but not on the product download image. Do not worry, you will not be charged for the order, but you have to sign up in order to get it.

Here is the item on the product page:

My Badge setting:

And the final product. Note there is no watermark on the image.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 635
3 months 2 weeks ago #361852

Hello,

I think there is a misunderstanding, and so I am sorry to tell you that I have difficulty following you.
I used your test product to analyze the context, and here are my observations:
First of all, I have your badge everywhere, including when I downloaded it, see my screenshots:

But it seems that it is your image of your product that directly contains your badge.
From there, I don't really understand how you manage to have a download without this badge...

So, please provide these elements please :
- An url link to your Backend (administrator)
- A backend user references (with maximum Acl)
- Describe precisely (step by step) how to reproduce your issue, be very specific please.
Note : Use our Contact us form in order to provide these elements, and don't forget to add an Url link to this topic.
Regards

Last edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Business
3 months 2 weeks ago #361854

I have just created another free item, the glass hummingbird. Please go through the ordering process and download the product image. Don't rely on the thumbnails for watermark accuracy. Once you get the product image downloaded, look at the image and you will notice the watermark is not showing like it does on the thumbnail images.

You may create a dummy account with fake information but please do this so you can see what I mean, then it will all be more clear. Just let me know what it is so I can delete it later.

Last edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by Dan58.

• Thank you received: 13318
3 months 2 weeks ago #361859

Hi,

The images of the product are accessible directly on the product details page. There is no need to purchase the product to see the images of the product.
It's only the files linked to the product with their "free download" setting turned off which have a download link provided to the customer after the purchase of the product.
The watermark is only added to the images in the "images" section of a product.
If you have images in the "files" section, they won't get a watermark added, and that's normal.
This is usually used to sell images. You want to display the image with the watermark on the product details page so that customers can see what it will look like, but they can't reuse the watermarked images on their end. And once they purchase the product, they get access to the non watermarked image as a file download so that they can freely use it on their end.

Reading between the lines of your messages, it seems that you're talking about adding watermark to the images in the "files" section.
Could you provide a screenshot of the settings of that product ?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan58

• Hikashop Business
3 months 2 weeks ago #361871

Thanks, I think that explains my dilemma. So on the final downloaded product (image), buyers will not see the watermark. The watermark only exists on the thumbnail images. Then why bother using a watermark? I think I'll turn it off.

Thanks again.
Dan

• Thank you received: 13318
3 months 1 week ago #361872

Hi,

As I said, many shop owners selling images on their shop don't want users to be able to use the thumbnail in order to force them to purchase the product to get access to the non watermarked version of the image.
If that's not a concern on your end, you likely want to turn it off.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds